Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
I recently purchased a Strike Force Pro and have a Special Ops Extreme that will be here next week. I have looked at Browning.com and it says both Camera's will work with 512 GB SDXC cards. I have saw that several people on here have had trouble with SD cards. I put a 32 GB SDHC in the Strike Force to get started, but would like to go bigger if possible. Had no idea how expensive 512 and 256 GB cards were. I am thinking about putting both to shoot video so I need more than 32GB cards. What brand of cards and what size would you guys recommend me using. Thanks in advance. Bob
I use TopRam class 10, 32gb cards with great success in my browning cams. I haven't tried a 256 or 512 yet, but if I remember right those SDXC cards have to be formatted a certain way, let us know what happens.
Kid
I recently purchased a Strike Force Pro and have a Special Ops Extreme that will be here next week. I have looked at Browning.com and it says both Camera's will work with 512 GB SDXC cards. I have saw that several people on here have had trouble with SD cards. I put a 32 GB SDHC in the Strike Force to get started, but would like to go bigger if possible. Had no idea how expensive 512 and 256 GB cards were. I am thinking about putting both to shoot video so I need more than 32GB cards. What brand of cards and what size would you guys recommend me using. Thanks in advance. Bob

Caution using high speed cards in browning cameras. I had issues with my strike force pro using only a 32gb, 70mbps card, it wouldn't take videos. Contacting browning they told me that card was too fast for the camera. They also said some higher speed cards wont even write a still photo. My thought was why advertise the camera can use such a large card, when large cards have fast write speeds. Then admit they have writing troubles. I'm not the only one who has had this issued. If you do a little digging you will find this out. I don't know what to recommend since I only use 8gb cards and still photos. The downside to browning video is the massive file size, so a larger card is desired.

Caution using high speed cards in browning cameras. I had issues with my strike force pro using only a 32gb, 70mbps card, it wouldn't take videos. Contacting browning they told me that card was too fast for the camera. They also said some higher speed cards wont even write a still photo. My thought was why advertise the camera can use such a large card, when large cards have fast write speeds. Then admit they have writing troubles. I'm not the only one who has had this issued. If you do a little digging you will find this out. I don't know what to recommend since I only use 8gb cards and still photos. The downside to browning video is the massive file size, so a larger card is desired.

Thanks Reaperman, I was hoping you would respond as I have been following your post on the Brownings and after watching your videos and photos I was determined to get one. I bought a Bushnell Agressor No Glow but I'm not happy with the nighttime photos or videos. The videos I get are great, but since you cannot set the length of the video it has been a problem as they may make 9 second videos and shut down even though there continues to be movement in from of the camera. Also on many of the videos I or whatever walked in front of the camera is half way or further. With the Strike Force Pro the detection is immediate on every photo or video, plus you can set the video length. Due to my health the cams may be out for longer lengths of time, so I need as much video room as possible.

Thanks Reaperman, I was hoping you would respond as I have been following your post on the Brownings and after watching your videos and photos I was determined to get one. I bought a Bushnell Agressor No Glow but I'm not happy with the nighttime photos or videos. The videos I get are great, but since you cannot set the length of the video it has been a problem as they may make 9 second videos and shut down even though there continues to be movement in from of the camera. Also on many of the videos I or whatever walked in front of the camera is half way or further. With the Strike Force Pro the detection is immediate on every photo or video, plus you can set the video length. Due to my health the cams may be out for longer lengths of time, so I need as much video room as possible. Thanks for the SD card info, as I was concerned some cards were too slow, never had saw anything about being too fast. This is very helpful.
I also trust the browning catch movement. I believe the wide angle lens aids in detection. With the bushnells I own, I always seem to get a lot of "nose" photos of deer just coming into frame. Which was fine on the older bushnells, because I could set a 3 shot burst and the second or 3rd photo would normally catch the animal. But the 3 shot mode on the newer bushnells is 3 pictures within one second, whereas the older ones took 3 pics in about 5 seconds. The browning also has a time delay option for the bust modes. So you can set how many second intervals between pictures in burst. I hope you find the proper (large) sd card to fit the camera. Like I say, I don't do many vids on this camera at this time. But on a side note: the stike force has now taken 6,059 still photos and the battery meter now registers 80% on alkaline (amazon brand) batteries. I have my camera set to take 2 photos with a 10 second interval.
I also trust the browning catch movement. I believe the wide angle lens aids in detection. With the bushnells I own, I always seem to get a lot of "nose" photos of deer just coming into frame. Which was fine on the older bushnells, because I could set a 3 shot burst and the second or 3rd photo would normally catch the animal. But the 3 shot mode on the newer bushnells is 3 pictures within one second, whereas the older ones took 3 pics in about 5 seconds. The browning also has a time delay option for the bust modes. So you can set how many second intervals between pictures in burst. I hope you find the proper (large) sd card to fit the camera. Like I say, I don't do many vids on this camera at this time. But on a side note: the stike force has now taken 6,059 still photos and the battery meter now registers 80% on alkaline (amazon brand) batteries. I have my camera set to take 2 photos with a 10 second interval.

Thanks. I will definitely post what I find out about the type SD cards that I can get with the largest storage amt. I can find. After posting the last statement, I looked at the SD cards I've been using in the cameras and it is Sandisk SDHC 32 GB Class 4. Not sure that changes anything since it isn't a Class 10. It works great in the Bushnell and Strike Force Pro.
I have both my Spec Ops Extremes in video. I use the 32 GB Sandisk Extreme or Ultra class 10 SD cards up to 90mb/s. They work great. Last year they did have issues with the high mb/s. When I called them this year they said to use class 10 cards and the higher rate didnt matter. I didnt ask how high. You can get the 64gb class 10 80mb/s for around 30 bucks. I bought some of my 32 gb cards off ebay as refurbs and they work perfect. Not sure if they have any higher gb cards like that.
I dont go passed 5 days without checking my cames so for now even the 16 gb works for me. I will be getting 64 gb cards on my next purchase.
Just for reference my last pull had right at 100 20 second videos and used about 20 to 30% of the 32gb card. Night and day makes a difference also.
I have both my Spec Ops Extremes in video. I use the 32 GB Sandisk Extreme or Ultra class 10 SD cards up to 90mb/s. They work great. Last year they did have issues with the high mb/s. When I called them this year they said to use class 10 cards and the higher rate didnt matter. I didnt ask how high. You can get the 64gb class 10 80mb/s for around 30 bucks. I bought some of my 32 gb cards off ebay as refurbs and they work perfect. Not sure if they have any higher gb cards like that.
I dont go passed 5 days without checking my cames so for now even the 16 gb works for me. I will be getting 64 gb cards on my next purchase.
Just for reference my last pull had right at 100 20 second videos and used about 20 to 30% of the 32gb card. Night and day makes a difference also.

I made a run to Walmart this afternoon and purchased 2 Sandisk Ultra 64 GB SDXC cards. They were 27.99 each. I have one in my new Special Ops Extreme in my yard testing it already. I followed the directions in the user manual and formatted the cards with the camera. I'll let you know how that works. I ordered 3 Samsung EVO 256 GB cards on Ebay. I received those in the mail today only to have the old bait and switch done on me. Instead of the Samsung cards I got 3 of the black no-brand cards :evil: . I will be contacting the seller and Ebay about this. I'm gonna go ahead and try one to just see but I seriously doubt they work. Thanks for your reply.
Well I pulled my cards earlier this week for my Browning cameras. As noted above I put Sandisk 128GB SD cards in them after having used both 32GB and 64GB cards successfully. I had used the camera to format the cards. The cards has worked flawlessly. No problems at all. I have not located any decent prices on 256GB cards but I did purchase 3 of the Sandisk 200GB SD cards. I was gonna put those into the camera next. I put the new cards into the camera and got an Error Message. I struggled for a second with what to do, but finally decided to put the new 200GBs in the same adapters the 128GBs were in. Problem solved. I then formatted the cards with the cam. I don't know why but that seemed to solve the problem. When I pull the cards Monday there may be no videos, I'll just have to wait and see. I don't have a clue as to what the problem with the new adapters were. Anybody have any idea?
I just found out tonight after changing cards in my strike force pro that this camera will not function using a sandisk sdhc 32gb 48MB/s class 10 card.

In the dark after changing cards, I noticed my camera would only "flash" once instead of twice in a picture cycle. The camera has been set for a two shot mode since I have owned it. Opening the camera up showed the picture count still on zero. At that time I thought the card I used was the normal sandisk 8gb 40MB/s class 10 card I normally use. The cards look identical. After I realized what had happened I put the regular card back in. I picked up 4 of the 32 gb cards a while ago on sale and have just started using them in my rotation. All of my other cams accept this card
I just found out tonight after changing cards in my strike force pro that this camera will not function using a sandisk sdhc 32gb 48MB/s class 10 card.

In the dark after changing cards, I noticed my camera would only "flash" once instead of twice in a picture cycle. The camera has been set for a two shot mode since I have owned it. Opening the camera up showed the picture count still on zero. At that time I thought the card I used was the normal sandisk 8gb 40MB/s class 10 card I normally use. The cards look identical. After I realized what had happened I put the regular card back in. I picked up 4 of the 32 gb cards a while ago on sale and have just started using them in my rotation. All of my other cams accept this card

I accidentally picked up 32GB Sandisk Class 4 cards instead of Class 10s and they worked flawlessly May be due to the Class 4 being a slower card. Did you use the camera to format the cards?
I had a similar problem with my Strikeforce when I put a 32g Scan Disk class 10 card in mine. Camera actually shut down. Had to pull the batteries out and leave it set for 24hrs. Then it started back up and I but a 8g class 4 card in it and all was fine. I will try a 32g class 4 soon. Read a lot of people having the same problem as well.

I know we've had sales from TCP so far... Just won[…]

Has anyone tried sharing any cameras yet ? I feel […]

Cold fox

Nice. No video ?? :(

My LiPo cells taken from an old DeWalt drill have […]