Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Browning cameras.
I just received 2 new Recon Force Extremes and I am having the same problem with both cameras. I put the batteries in and put an SD card in and the cameras both came on for a couple of seconds and then started flashing. I called Browning customer service and they told me it was an SD problem. They told me to do the long format instead of the quick format. I did this with all my SD cards and I still have the same thing going on. Anybody else had any of these issues previously? Thanks Bob
My recommendation which is the easiest first thing to test is just try a different SD card. If all your cards have the same issue then its unlikely the SD card unles they are all the same brand and size, its conceivable they are not compatible.

I had no issues with any card I put in mine. I used class 2 and class 10. Sandisk and Delkin Devices. The sizes were 2GB and 8GB. I have not tried really large sizes.
Hola, yo tengo una Browning recon force extreme, y no me ha pasado nada de eso, desde el primer día a funcionado muy bien, una gran cámara.

Sorry I don't speak spanish.

Hi, I have a Browning recon force extreme, and nothing has happened to me from the first day to working very well, a great camera.
My recommendation which is the easiest first thing to test is just try a different SD card. If all your cards have the same issue then its unlikely the SD card unles they are all the same brand and size, its conceivable they are not compatible.

I had no issues with any card I put in mine. I used class 2 and class 10. Sandisk and Delkin Devices. The sizes were 2GB and 8GB. I have not tried really large sizes.

Thanks Anthony. All of my cards are Sandisk. I have tried 32gb, 64gb, 128gb, and 200gb and get the same results. I own another Recon Force Extreme and these cards worked with it, as well as with my Strike Force Pro. I don't think it is a SD card issue either.
With my Browning Strikeforce I couldn't run a 32g card in it and had to start running a 8g card. I believe a 16g would work but haven't tried yet.

If you don't think it's the card I'd send it back to Browning. We pay too much for these cameras for them not to work.
It is conceivable that they have different production runs with different hardware for the SD card. also, it could be that you need a new firmware update in order to support larger sizes (if available)
I have the Browning Spec Ops Extreme and use SanDisk ultra or extreme class 10. 16 and 32gb cards. No issues with them in mine.
Thanks everyone for the responses. The reason I didn't try a smaller SD size is that I don't have anything smaller than a 32gb. I did as the support techs at Browning said and went to Walmart today and bought brand new SD cards. The cameras wouldn't even come on now. So I will be sending those 2 back to Browning tomorrow if possible. I have 2 more Recon Force Extremes that should come in this Thursday. They were purchased from the same seller. I'll be interested to see how these work. I'm sure these units were most likely received at the same time. As someone suggested above there might have been a bad "batch" of cameras. I'll let you know when they arrive.
Hi, I have a Browning recon force extreme, and you have not spent any of that, from the first day to working very well, a great camera.

The first extreme I got I loved. The videos night and day were very good and extremely fast. That is why I purchased 4 more of them. Compared to the Strike Force Pro, I thought the videos were much better.
Well I got my 2 Recon Force Extremes back from Browning Tuesday. I had already solved the problem before I got them back. I had purchased 36 Energizer Lithium batteries off of Ebay and had been using them. I put a couple of them in a flashlight I use and the flashlight wouldn't come on. I tested the batteries and they were dead. I started testing all the batteries and over half of them were either completely dead or almost dead. The customer service people also said they couldn't get the problem to happen. I received the other 2 Recon Extremes and they both work as well, so I'm now a happy customer. The videos I have been getting are great. Just purchased another Special Ops Extreme. Can't wait to have it in the woods as well. Also all of the SD cards worked in them except for one Samsung 256GB. I am currently using Sandisk 200GB, Sandisk 128GB, Sandisk 64GB, and Sandisk 32GB and they are working wonderfully. Next up in the SD cards testing is 3 Samsung 128GB. I had several hundred 60 second videos on the and they never approached 25%.

I know we've had sales from TCP so far... Just won[…]

Has anyone tried sharing any cameras yet ? I feel […]

Cold fox

Nice. No video ?? :(

My LiPo cells taken from an old DeWalt drill have […]