For those of you with smartphones or internet at deercamp, use this forum to take us along with you on your hunting adventures. Post pictures from the stand or deercamp. Add comments and updates as you can. We'd love to follow you along on your hunt! Please note that Chasingame assumes no liability if you get busted by that buck of a lifetime while playing on your phone on stand. :mrgreen:
By johnnydeerhunter
Beautiful country.

I agree, and those cacti look like they could suck you in and stick you real easy.
By Roscoe
Great pics, Roscoe :D I've been checking in on this thread since it started...beautiful country...wish I was there...thanks for sharing!

I wish I was there now Pat! But I am pretty excited about probably getting a short run with the cameras out there this summer.
By ClayPeacock
Those are some great pictures of some great looking country.

It looks like there is a pretty good trail running along that creek.

Thanks

Clay
By Roscoe

It looks like there is a pretty good trail running along that creek.

Thanks

Clay

Yes it is! And since there's no live stock on the place, it's all game trails! Water is king in that part of Texas. Very few ponds with any water in them. That spring is like gold coming out of the ground. Dozens of trail coming into/out of it. There are two electric water wells on the other side of the property. That's all the water on the whole place. Come August I know the 3 general areas where every living creature on the place will have to frequent at least once per day.
By Roscoe
Pat, the wildlife exemption is pretty easy to accomplish. He doesn't care anything about hunting at all, but loves the habitat and "maintenance" part of the property. Supplemental water, supplemental feed, and habitat management and you pretty well have the exemption whipped.
By T-post
Pat, the wildlife exemption is pretty easy to accomplish. He doesn't care anything about hunting at all, but loves the habitat and "maintenance" part of the property. Supplemental water, supplemental feed, and habitat management and you pretty well have the exemption whipped.

Cool, that's great to know! I had always heard that a wildlife exemption was difficult to obtain...I'm glad to hear that's not the case...Thanks :P
By Roscoe
My uncle is doing the same thing on his place in Coryell County. The requirements are pretty simple, but I suppose it could be made more difficult by who's approving it on the county level. :mrgreen:
By T-post
I tried to get a wildlife exemption 15 years ago in Hood County and met hurdle after hurdle. Last night I was discussing your post with a friend of mine and he tells me that he hired a professional to design a wildlife management plan for his property and met with success in Hood County. Thanks for getting my ball rolling again...it just goes to show that you never know what direction that even the most random post is going to take someone! :P
Boly MG984G-36M Trail Camera

Standard alkaline batteries should have a voltage […]

Lookout issue

Please reply on this site as I am having the sam[…]

HI

welcome to Chasingame. tell us where you are from[…]

Playtime at the creek- videos

And- raccoons playing in the spotlight.. https:/[…]