Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all Ridgetec Outdoors and Ridgetec cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By Matches
Anyone figured out how to adjust the sensitivity on this camera? There are supposedly 3 different settings you can use, but I sure can't figure out how to change it...

I'm getting WAY too many blank images, as well as images where the deer are too far away to be of any use...
By Anthony
Open the camera up. On the left side under the buttons is a PIR switch with 3 settings. Low, Med, High.

to reduce triggers... (true for all cameras)

-Lower sensitivity

-Increase quiet time

-clear out brush and limbs and grass that blows in the wind

-mount on a post rather than tree to eliminate triggers due to tree swaying in the wind

-potentially aim camera a bit forward to reduce the distance of the sensing (tilt top forward a little bit/aim more towards the ground)
By Matches
Thanks for the picture. Don't know how I missed that... I was looking in the menu, didn't think about an actual switch...

I will have to climb the mountain again tomorrow and change it to low.
By Saskboy
I've been running my cameras on medium or low, when running low I really dont get any pictures without an animal in them. Still seems to pick up a person or deer at 40 feet no problem on low.
By Matches
So far so good with it set to low. I'm still getting pictures of deer at the scrape, just not when they are approaching from 150' or more away...

Other than surveillance/security I can't think of a single reason I'd want a trail camera to trigger any further than about 50', as that seems to be the extent of usable flash range for most cameras.
By Anthony
Matches wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:24 am So far so good with it set to low. I'm still getting pictures of deer at the scrape, just not when they are approaching from 150' or more away...

Other than surveillance/security I can't think of a single reason I'd want a trail camera to trigger any further than about 50', as that seems to be the extent of usable flash range for most cameras.
Do you have any updates on your camera? How is it doing ?
By Matches
Anthony wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:13 am Do you have any updates on your camera? How is it doing ?
Much happier now with the sensitivity set to low. Scrape activity has slowed considerably, but that is consistent with all of my other cameras. I do not think I'm missing anything, but the pictures that are coming through are much more useful.

Thanks!
Hyperfire 2 pics

Thanks a lot! I've been wondering how the images[…]

I check with dad and his digital thermometer he ha[…]

I think it’s kind of ironic that as we slip […]

Second Big Buck. Part 2

That’s a good one!