* Chasingame Home  
* Donate to Chasingame

Chasingame.com discussion forum

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 am 
Banned!

"The trigger speed is 0.880 seconds and the camera can recover and re-arm itself in 2.5 seconds (that is second only to Reconyx)."
Here's the link...
http://www.trailcampro.com/moultriem-990i.aspx

They also have a pic sample and a video of the Panoramic 150 lens and array rotating.
Here's that link...
http://www.trailcamproblog.com/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:32 am 
Site Supporter

"The no glow infrared flash is undetectable to the human eye, making this a great camera for both wildlife surveillance and security applications. The 2" viewing screen means you never have to guess whether the camera is setup perfectly or not. The new M-880 also has an improved case design that allows for a Python Lock to secure the camera by itself"

I would say that they really think you ought to purchase one from them.
I guess they didnt have any of thier staff see the flash array fire off at night.
They really should proofread better. They are suddenly talking about the M880 in the same sentence.

I think we have pretty much nailed this camera down ourselves. A very good camera, very few false pictures, fast recovery, and pretty decent night pics for a black flash camera in it's price range. No mention of that dang clicking noise on thier site though...... :lol:

I dont know about being second to Reconyx. Lotsa new cams coming out this year. Could there yet be a quantum leap waiting to be unleashed upon us anytime now.....

1 Reconyx Ultra XR6
2 Reconyx Hyperfire HC600
3 Browning Recon Force
1 Browning Mini Strikeforce
1 Bushnell 439
2 Moultrie M-990I (2013 model)
1 Moultrie M-880
1 Minox DTC 600
1 Stealthcam G42
1 GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 am 
Banned!

slay wrote:
"The no glow infrared flash is undetectable to the human eye, making this a great camera for both wildlife surveillance and security applications. The 2" viewing screen means you never have to guess whether the camera is setup perfectly or not. The new M-880 also has an improved case design that allows for a Python Lock to secure the camera by itself"

I would say that they really think you ought to purchase one from them.
I guess they didnt have any of thier staff see the flash array fire off at night.
They really should proofread better. They are suddenly talking about the M880 in the same sentence.

I think we have pretty much nailed this camera down ourselves. A very good camera, very few false pictures, fast recovery, and pretty decent night pics for a black flash camera in it's price range. No mention of that dang clicking noise on thier site though...... :lol:

I dont know about being second to Reconyx. Lotsa new cams coming out this year. Could there yet be a quantum leap waiting to be unleashed upon us anytime now.....

I've seen a lot of companies state this exact same phrase "The no glow infrared flash is undetectable to the human eye" and I always thought they were talking about the actual flash projected from the array out to the ground, trees, animals, etc. not when looking at the LED's. In other words they mean it is undetectable when compared to a whiteflash cam in which the flash throws out that big white flash. JMO.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 am 
Site Supporter

Well, I have always read it differently. But it doesnt really matter in the end I guess.
We know it's performing great. I'm guessing Anthony wont need to test this one huh? LOL

1 Reconyx Ultra XR6
2 Reconyx Hyperfire HC600
3 Browning Recon Force
1 Browning Mini Strikeforce
1 Bushnell 439
2 Moultrie M-990I (2013 model)
1 Moultrie M-880
1 Minox DTC 600
1 Stealthcam G42
1 GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am 

Is that .88 trigger for both video and pics or just pics? I know when wacokid tested his with his car, it didn't catch it in time. If it was truly sub-second on video, I think it would have. Thoughts?

more to come...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:46 pm 

I'd have thought the same...if that's .88 seconds, the Browning must be under half a second. I saw TCP were already testing it but seems like a lot of what they say is like they are advertising the product and since they sell them....I dunno..maybe a little bias or not as objective as they could be?

Another thing is too, seems to be some variation in what members are experiencing with the same camera. Could this be a QC issue? Much like a new model car, sometimes there's bugs to work out and what better way to find any potential issue than to release it and tweak it as reports come in.

https://www.covertscoutingcameras.com/

Last edited by MI Hunter on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm 
Site Supporter

TCP is practically a waste of time IMO. While some of their review content has merit based on their testing, the clouding of mixing objective reviews and sales makes one hesitant.

The kicker for me, was on an MMS cam. They reviewed one aspect and rated it as compared to non-MMS cams, and then turned around and rated the next aspect of it to MMS specific cams. Then they gave the overall score - which, duh, is no longer apples-to-apples accurate now.

Here's the verbiage:

Picture Quality 3.0 Stars

The day pictures from the XXXXXX are good but not "flashy." People's expectations of photo quality on cellular cameras is a bit lofty. You must consider that the camera is having to take a photo and send (via cellular signal) to a phone or email. We are rating the pictures compared to other cellular cameras, not to non-cellular cameras.

Battery Life 2.2 Stars

Once again, the star rating is a bit misleading. While the XXXXX only gets 2.2 stars, this is compared to all the trail cameras on the market.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm 
Banned!

phade wrote:
TCP is practically a waste of time IMO.

Well, I was just reporting---not endorsing. :wink: