As the stickies and announcements get some age on them I will move them into this forum. Dont think that because they are in here there is not some good info here!

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By Anthony
#186624 These good folks have let us know that they are very much involved with curbing the problem of false products riding into the US market under their good name. Here is a quick note from them.

Acorn Management wrote:As some users have already noticed, the main differences between our cameras and these counterfeits mainly include the different menu, the packaging box (theirs do not have the brand name Ltl Acorn and the image of an acorn), and their lack of the small buckle on the bottom lid.

Consumers should be warned that the outer shell of the counterfeits is prone to break, the current in their cameras reaches 3~5 mA in the standby mode, which results in a standby time of only two weeks, the counterfeits do not function stably, nor do they operate under -20 degree temperature, along with numerous other quality issues.

The counterfeits would never sell well, but what they are doing has unfortunately affected us.

We strongly advise that no one purchase any of these clones and only support the true Ltl Acorn cameras from authorized dealers. This support can only help and aid this good company in providing a good product and also keep the copy cat clones off the trail camera market.
By tbone303
#186646 I think that would be wasting time, taking the spot of another cam that we would be more interested in seeing a review for
By john.hatchett
tbone303 wrote:I think that would be wasting time, taking the spot of another cam that we would be more interested in seeing a review for

I don't think we should accept "Acorn Management" as a reviewer of the quality or short comings of the product itself. That would be like having Stealthcam provide a review of WildGame's products.
By hogdeer79
john.hatchett wrote:
tbone303 wrote:I think that would be wasting time, taking the spot of another cam that we would be more interested in seeing a review for

I don't think we should accept "Acorn Management" as a reviewer of the quality or short comings of the product itself. That would be like having Stealthcam provide a review of WildGame's products.

That is a very good point you make. However, I don't see CG reviewing the clone.
By Anthony
john.hatchett wrote:Do you plan to review one of the "clones"?

defeinitely no. WE are very busy as it is. You can feel free to though .... :D
By bobcat
hogdeer79 wrote:
However, I don't see CG reviewing the clone.

And they shouldn't. Why review a fake counterfeit camera?
By wolvenkinde
#187044 I don't believe these clones are fake. More likely same product, made by the same producer for overseas market, or perhaps didn't meet Q.C. standards(as sub freezing temp operation or weather/moisture resistance)...also a good chance they are simply production overruns of a product(that Ol Boys couldn't sell enough of or fast enough) that is now getting outdated and they need to unload(and of course Ol boys don't want you purchasing the same product for a 100$ less). If purchased however you are still looking at overseas warranty work or replacement(though a couple I have seen have squaretrade warranty protection so you may not lose money just time) and possible actual counterfiets with no warranty.

seriously I think if you bought one you would be happy with it - unless it broke :roll: :lol:
By john.hatchett
bobcat wrote:Why review a fake counterfeit camera?

claiming one of two units coming out of china as "fake counterfeit" is like claiming your mother's chicken salad as the "original" and your wife's a "knock off".
By johnnydeerhunter
john.hatchett wrote:
bobcat wrote:Why review a fake counterfeit camera?

claiming one of two units coming out of china as "fake counterfeit" is like claiming your mother's chicken salad as the "original" and your wife's a "knock off".

Still nothing is as good as moms :wink:
By RR_Security
johnnydeerhunter wrote:
john.hatchett wrote:claiming one of two units coming out of china as "fake counterfeit" is like claiming your mother's chicken salad as the "original" and your wife's a "knock off".

Still nothing is as good as moms :wink:

But it wouldn't be prudent to say any of that to Her Wifeliness. Image Image
By outdoorsfellar
#188253 I do recall Playboy doing a review of Pamela Anderson's " fake units " a while back & that had positive results, so 'ya never know.... :lol:
By Aft3rD4rk
#191215 Hmmmm,
Ive had experience with the clones. I sell the LTL Acorn Genuine models but did have a batch of the clone ones in. I purchased 10 of them as the price was very good from a manufacturer in china whom i will not name. I ended up having customers returning 6 of them which i ended up sending back for a refund which took ages.
The main difference is definitely build quality, not as sturdy, no latch, where it says Ltl Acorn on the genuine models it is blank. The software is different and offers a lot of different languages and a few different settings. The main issue my customers had was faulty software. I ended up updating the software for the clients from a file i received from the manufacturer and still no good. The daytime images were good but the ir flash was out of synch with the camera when taking pics. This meant most images at night were very dark with the odd one being well illuminated.
Even after they had fixed the issue at the factory they sent me a couple of trial models which were slightly better but still had issues.
I have now stuck to the genuine model and have had no customer complaints at all.