Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to Bushnell cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.

Moderator: johnnydeerhunter

By brent h
#199499 Does anyone use an extended flash with the 466c if so do you think its worth it or not?
By rocky
#199513 This is a bushnell 466 with the Uway BlackExtender i could not find a picture without snow on the ground but it definatly gives an extra 25-35 feet easy for 80 bucks TYD its definatly worth the extra doe for me.

The snow does at some extra light but look back into the woods it pushes the light out to 70-80 feet no problem.

By Crosshair
brent h wrote:Does anyone use an extended flash with the 466c if so do you think its worth it or not?

I use Uway XtendIR-B's with all 3 of my 466's and use another one on a Stealth Cam Shadow and they're worth every penny IMO.
I know Bobcat also uses them with his 466's. He'll probably weigh in if he sees this post.
---Nice buck rocky---
By bobcat
Crosshair wrote:I use Uway XtendIR-B's with all 3 of my 466's

Yes I also use the Xtendir-B's on all my 466's. They make a huge difference as I use my cams in video mode only.
Here's a sample of what they can do. In the second video the buck is at least 50-60 feet from the camera. Click on pics for video.

By bobcat
#199528 There's one selling on Ebay with four hours left and no bids for $49 plus $9.00 shipping
I thought about buying it but that would mean I'd have to buy another 466... :mrgreen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320864870488?ss ... 500wt_1413
By tbone303
#199601 the uway xtend, or the spypoint flash booster. Red ir or blackflash that's up to you.
By kenfa04
#199609 What's the best way to attach the sensor to the cam? Don't really want to use tape as it leaves residue on the cam when its removed.
By bobcat
kenfa04 wrote:What's the best way to attach the sensor to the cam? Don't really want to use tape as it leaves residue on the cam when its removed.

I use elastic hair bands that girls use to put their hair in a pony tail. You can get like 50 of them for $2.00 and they fit the Bushnell's perfect. Anything wider than the Bushnell's you could use rubber bands.
By bobcat
#199652 I also do away with the strap that comes with the Xtendir's and use shoe strings and cord locks. IMO the strap sticks out like a sore thumb that any trespasser can see. I drill holes at top and bottom large enough for a shoe string.

By tbone303
#199701 that's some nice camo you got there Bobcat :mrgreen:
By RR_Security
#199707 Back when the XtendIR was reviewed (02/2010), some different techniques for mounting the sensor were shown here: <http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=132>

I just ordered some of the 7" camo Gear Wrapz™ here: <http://www.rubberband.com/consumer-products/gear-wrapz-a-gear-strapz.html>. They were $4.39 for a package of three, and $2.95 for shipping. (No vendors within 120 miles of me.)
Academy's site also shows them, and I saw one photo that showed how the toggle handle goes through the wrap to tighten it.

There's also been at least one thread on here about using UGlu. I have some, but just haven't tried it yet. I think some of the guys had pretty good results with it.
By bobcat
RR_Security wrote:
There's also been at least one thread on here about using UGlu. I have some, but just haven't tried it yet. I think some of the guys had pretty good results with it.

I tried the UGlu and the sensor would come off every 3-4 days so I went to the hair bands and haven't had a single problem since.
By bobcat
tbone303 wrote:that's some nice camo you got there Bobcat :mrgreen:

It's just a roll of duck tape I bought at Walmart. Blends in good in the woods.