Getting ready to hook up a 466c to an external battery and a solar charger.
Need some advice.
1. Should i get 2 - 6v 4.5ah batteries or 1 - 6v 12ah battery?
2. Kinda depends on the answer to question #1. If i get 2 batteries will the solar charger charge them both at once?
3. Can i put the solar charger far away from the cam and just run the wires to it. The spot i want this cam is heavily wooded. There is a clearing about 30-40 yds away i could mount the solar charger. Would this work or not?
4. Any input on a decent solar charger?
1. 6v 12 AH
2. Refer to 1
3. Don't know
All of mine are 6 ft or less... There's a simple wat to find out... Put ya solar charger out in the direct sunlight and check to see how many volts ya are gettin' with the standard power cord... Then connect the amount of wire ya plan on usin' and check the voltage again... If both are the same then it oughta work... But I ain't very smart when it come to things like this...
4. I use American Hunter solar chargers like this http://www.americanhunterfeeders.com/HTML/chargers.html
I use the 1st and 4th un but like the 1st un best.... And I hope ya don't have tree rats in ya area since they love to play on any type high wires they can find...
Here's a picture of one with a 6v 12AH battery I have setup for my MMS camera....
The Secretary of Defense of the Chasingame Official Thread Hijackers Union
See ya and God bless;
Phil "Ol' Arky" Weaver