I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By BrianWI
Wow, you are kinda thick, no offense. But proven wrong. Simple ignorance.

We know sodium supplementation helps osmonic balance. A supplemented mineral providing benefit to wild deer, well studied.
We know Selenium supplementation increases fawn survival 250% Another supplemented mineral providing benefit to wild deer, well studied.
We know Copper supplementation decreases disease in cervids. Yet another supplemented mineral providing benefit to wild deer, well studied.

Yet you see no mineral supplementation benefits to deer?!?! At this point, I have to say, you have to literally be beyond the ability to think. I don't know what else to say.
Last edited by BrianWI on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BrianWI
I love the point regarding CU overspraying. Supports my point that plants rather than point source licks and block and the appropriate delivery system for minerals

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? That is like saying putting salt on broccoli is the plant providing sodium. This is the problem with armchair scientists... not a clue!
By yoderj@cox.net
Well Brian, I see a lot of ad hominem statements about me in your posts along with self-promotion. Yet you have no idea of my background. We see this when substance is thin.

I love how marketers can subtly misstate findings. We know sodium is important to deer but have no evidence sodium supplementation is beneficial in free ranging herds. We know Selenium (and other trace minerals for that matter) but other than those few areas in the country with SE deficient soils, we have no evidence SE or other trace mineral supplementation provides benefits in free ranging herds....

I realize you are pushing a product and not listening, but let's look a this issue from a top down perspective for the benefit of others who are. When we look at quality deer management the key is finding the factors that are most limiting to the local herd and applying limited resources where they can do the most good. There are some places where genetics, age, nutrition, and cover intersect. These are the areas where we see high numbers of P&Y and B&C bucks taken. The bucket analogy is often used fits pretty well. It does little good plugging a hole at the top of the bucket when water is pouring out lower holes. Depending on the most limiting factor in your area, there are lots of well validated techniques like food plots, native habitat management, harvest goals. Most of us will run out of resources long before we reach approaches that "might" fill a hole at the very top of the bucket.

I think I've made my points pretty clearly. I'll leave the last word to you. I've got no dog in the fight, you do. Folks can decide for themselves how to proceed.

Thanks,

Jack
By NantucketShedHunter
By Roscoe
I agree Nan.

I particularly like how the minute I asked that the debate stay respectful, the "your an idiot" type insults start. Reminds me of when my children were about 5. :roll:

So, we'll draw this thread to a close.

Yes, my brother and I learned the hard way by lo[…]

Michigan, Brrrrr ...

Its winter for sure there. https://vimeo.com/3731[…]

You need to stop eating so much chilli ... :mrgree[…]

Spartan 3G finally quit

Mike was the 3g cameras firmware up to date? SD ca[…]