I think you know what you are doing here... :)
By bowhtr1
http://www.basspro.com/Boss-Buck-All-In ... 206363725/

I bought two and have had them out for a few weeks with no deer hitting them. One has been out for over a month and the other for two weeks. Deer go all around them but wont stick there nose in there to get any corn. Added grape coolaid mix to one. Put a pile of corn direclty under them to get them to come close. I saw on one video it said 42 inches to the nozzle was the proper height for deer to eat and keep the coons out. These come 32 inches from the ground. I have extra lengths to jack them up if needed. What is the best height for them?
By Roscoe
I've been using them for several years. Ours do not have adjustable legs and I really don't know the height.

No one around us fed protein as far as I know and I had a heckuva time getting them started on it. It's just not natural for them to stick their nose in the end of a tube I guess. I started off by adding a bag of corn, then 50/50 corn/protein and then straight protein. Like you I'd throw corn all around and under the feeder and within a day or two corn on the ground would be gone. Finally I put one of our spinners right beside it, throwing just enough corn to keep deer around it every day. I got a bunch of pics of deer doing the giraffe neck thing checking the tubes out. And then one day one'em just stuck a nose in and started eating. Once one of them did it the rest followed.

Btw, I love the feeders.
By bowhtr1
I was hoping you would chime in on this. Thanks. One was to heavy but I put one of them up to the 42 inches mark and it looks to be really tall but at 32 inches, our large coons may be able to reach them. I may have to go somewhere in between. This model comes with another section of legs so you can buy a spinner and install it on the bottom by swapping out the gravity feed section. I cut the extra set of legs in half to make mine 42 inches. I may cut another 6 inches off of them.
By T-post
Those are very good feeders. Everything Roscoe said is dead on correct.

One other thing to consider....I imagine that Louisiana is like Texas this time of year....There's so much tender green stuff sprouting, that the deer are choosing the natural browse over what's in the feeders.

I used to manufacture protein feeders; my feed ports were 32" off the ground. The height isn't all that critical, but 30" is about as low as I'd recommend going.

http://www.murphymetalart.com/proteinfeeder.html

Boss Buck sells a product called "Shark Teeth" that works really well at keeping coons off the feed ports.
http://www.bossbuck.com/products/procdu ... ips51.html
By bowhtr1
Shark teeth and feeder feet are in for me to pick up at Cabelas. Just need to get over there to pick them up. :) A buddy of mine bought several feeders like in you pic and he has had good luck with them in North Louisiana. The deer are eating out of them.
By scdeerslayer
It takes time for deer to get used to something new like that in their environment, especially if they have to walk underneath it or stick their snouts in there. It's probably good that you put it out just after the season ended. Hopefully by the time the next season starts they will be used to it. Eventually they will get used to it, so hopefully you've got it in a place where you'll leave it for several years because you'll have the same issue when you move it.
By Roscoe
We didn't have any acceptance issue once they were used to the concept. We purchased a 2nd feeder and relocated the first in the same weekend. We built two new pens and all. Had deer in both pens getting after it within 24hrs.
By bowhtr1
I will get two more before next hunting season. Just need to get them going on these. I may need to let the corn on the ground run out before putting more out. This may get them interested in the feeder ports. ?? I guess I will let the corn run out for a day or two then put more under it.
By chicky
We have been using the BossBuck feeders on our propety for about 3 years now. We only feed corn out of them. When first set up the deer would not touch the corn in the tube, literally inches from their nose. It took over 2 months, but like Roscoe said once one tried it there was no stopping them. We remove the feed tube after the season and when reset the next year they start feeding right away.
By bowhtr1
We have been using the BossBuck feeders on our propety for about 3 years now. We only feed corn out of them. When first set up the deer would not touch the corn in the tube, literally inches from their nose. It took over 2 months, but like Roscoe said once one tried it there was no stopping them. We remove the feed tube after the season and when reset the next year they start feeding right away.

I feed year around. Corn in the winter and soybeans in the summer. I have been doing this with spin feeders for years. May try some protein pellet mix instead of soybeans in one. For now going to stick with the corn until they start hitting it then slowly swap to strait Protein pellets or soybeans.
Spartan 3G finally quit

You can get AT&T SIMs off Amazon for $4.55 tha[…]

Yes, my brother and I learned the hard way by lo[…]

Michigan, Brrrrr ...

Its winter for sure there. https://vimeo.com/3731[…]

You need to stop eating so much chilli ... :mrgree[…]