Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
Anthony & other 565F owners, there have been a series of Boly565F cameras selling on Ebay with no reserve. I have gotten 2 at this point and will report if these are defective once received.

I am curious if others are seeing these cameras for sale and whether they are defective. I'm interested because the last 2 had night time pic issues, no flash. I haven't diagnosed past that to see if it is the day/night sensor or capacitor or flash. I am leaning to sensor.

Anyone have a history with these cameras? As in my Tascos the weak component was the capacitor. As they aged the PIR becomes problematic, missing ever more pics.

Have a Boly 565f(off ebay) and an HCO Scoutguard 565f. Would never buy a Boly cam again. The time would keep gaining alot of time while setup. Had a horrible time getting in contact with Boly. Finally got them and they had me send video of the problem and then video of me trying their solutions. None worked and they finally said since it was bought off eBay there was no warranty. Eventually one day it just started working on its own. Later on the switch broke, but was able to replace it myself. This year it stopped taking pics and won't even delete pics. The HCO version has never had an issue. Talked to Trailcampro about the Boly version and they said they use cheaper components than the HCO version and I can say from experience that it's true. Good luck with yours, hope it last longer then mine.
Anthony & other 565F owners, there have been a series of Boly565F cameras selling on Ebay with no reserve. I have gotten 2 at this point and will report if these are defective once received.

I am curious if others are seeing these cameras for sale and whether they are defective. I'm interested because the last 2 had night time pic issues, no flash. I haven't diagnosed past that to see if it is the day/night sensor or capacitor or flash. I am leaning to sensor.

Anyone have a history with these cameras? As in my Tascos the weak component was the capacitor. As they aged the PIR becomes problematic, missing ever more pics.

If you think it might be the sensor put a piece of tape over the sensor during daylight hours and see if it takes pictures in color or black and white.
Initial feed back on the Bolys. I have all 4 of my 565fs on the same tree over a corn pile. The wind storm kept traffic down, but all had nearly the same number of pics. My first impressions is that the strobe is weaker than the HCO version.

My HCO-SG565F is my baseline. It has been at this location for 2 years, and am comfortable with its results. It has been the best/most consistent of the half dozen other white flash cameras I have tested in the location.
I'm a big fan of the white flash/strobe cameras. I'll admit I haven't seen too many getting their pictures taken at night to see how they react but from all the videos and pictures I've gotten with 'em it looks like they don't seem to mind. Too many videos of deer being spooked by regular IR cameras though(I have yet to get a black flash). I've linked to some examples below of videos done with white flash.
On your questions on would I be interested in other such cameras...yes. Even a bit pricier is fine by me for a good quality cam.

https://vimeo.com/192405490

https://vimeo.com/189717769

https://vimeo.com/181707081
Seems to me that a cold shoe connector ( like on camera) would be easy to implement. The separate flash unit would have it's own power. That aside, hacking into the power to the LEDs, could provide a trigger for an external flash Unit. You got me thinking. You could even use Light slave to trigger a stand alone flash which would require no connections at all. Would have to disable the IR cut filter to get true colors
My Moultrie White Flash worked great for one week and now all night pictures are black, the flash no longer works. I think that the strobe tube is faulty.. waiting for a replace tube. Another defect: Tcam would take a picture about every 15 seconds round the clock, in about 20 days it took more than 6800 pics, nothing move around the sensor and not exposed directly to the sun light. The camera was set up to take pictures upon motion, not at a timed interval. I tried this several times and it failed every time. After many (WHY??) default setting, now seem the trigger is correct but nothing nighttime flash.I am very disappointed with this product. No response from Moultrie.
Yes, in my opinion someone will always a make a white flash camera, or at least they should. If camera companies stopped making them, then that would be an opportunity for another company to make one and corner the market. I would consider buying a white flash with a high pixel rating for higher quality wildlife pictures. Would like to get a big cat picture in central Illinois someday.
In this age of LED lights, couldn’t the color of a cameras flash be changed between white or red?
Spartan 3G finally quit

Also don't think you'll notice a difference betwee[…]

This buck looks serious

It appears this guy made it thru the first weekend[…]

Yep, he's all business. I really like the microph[…]

Very Nice!