Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
One trail camera manufacturer that I know of (Spypoint), makes models that have a feature which allows the user to set what time period/range of the day or night that videos and photos will be taken. For instance, if I am only interested in taking DAYTIME/non-night time videos or photos I can set the start time to say about 7 am and the stop time at about 5 pm and the camera will only function during those hours, i.e. in this case it will NOT take night time videos and photos, which IMO are a waste of time and effort, your opinion may vary.

So does anyone know of a listing that gives trail camera brands and models which have the ability to limit the period/range of time that the camera will function ? Most ads, etc. that I see on the Internet do not give info/specs on this feature.

Thanks.
wpshooter wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:25 pm One trail camera manufacturer that I know of (Spypoint), makes models that have a feature which allows the user to set what time period/range of the day or night that videos and photos will be taken. For instance, if I am only interested in taking DAYTIME/non-night time videos or photos I can set the start time to say about 7 am and the stop time at about 5 pm and the camera will only function during those hours, i.e. in this case it will NOT take night time videos and photos, which IMO are a waste of time and effort, your opinion may vary.

So does anyone know of a listing that gives trail camera brands and models which have the ability to limit the period/range of time that the camera will function ? Most ads, etc. that I see on the Internet do not give info/specs on this feature.

Thanks.
The RidgeTec lookout is a cellular game camera with this ability. The benefit of a cell camera is making adjustments via cellphone as the daylight dwindles this time of year. If your camera isn’t deployed close to home this is a very attractive option.
On the Lookout you can set PIR on or OFF by hour of the day by day of the week.
Attachments
Clip1.jpg
Clip1.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 1055 times
"trail" camera is a misnomer. any trail camera can be use as a surveillance camera. They are motion activated battery powered surveillance cameras. What you take photos of is your business.

Boy, he couldnt be more centered in the photo if h[…]

The big boy walks around like he owns the place.

Scrape turned licking branch

What was a active scrape was buried by some recent[…]

Home cam

Can you detail what you consider "secure"[…]