Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
Yes, a friend that has a plane took it. We also have 2 saints, they keep the bears away... what great dogs.....lots of bears around here and the grizzlys are doing just fine, lots of them also about time to have a hunting season or send a bunch to other states
Mike8623 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:29 am Yes, a friend that has a plane took it. We also have 2 saints, they keep the bears away... what great dogs.....lots of bears around here and the grizzlys are doing just fine, lots of them also about time to have a hunting season or send a bunch to other states
I’m not picky, you can send a black bear my way, there are only a few in my area. I’m hoping to draw one in with bait starting next weekend. Then hunting opens Sept 1.
Just saw a real nice one last week. I used to be an avid hunter, but now a days I would rather watch the animals. As long as I can go to a market and buy my dinner that is the route I will go. About 5 years ago a friend shot a really nice bull elk a couple hundred yards where our house is, easiest elk he ever shot he said. We do not mind hunting..... just not for me anymore. Did get a nice pic of a cow moose yesterday on one of my Buckeyes, we do not allow anyone to hunt moose on or from our place......anything else is fine....just no moose.
With age I learned to respect the animals I hunt. I'm satisfied with watching them also, however I enjoy the challenge of archery hunting and a deer in the freezer. I never hunted bears before, this year is the first year for a open season in my area so I'm going to take advantage. If i'm not successful, no big deal.
Well I think I've bout got this figured out.....I like it, much better than my other cameras. I've just got to get used to it versus my Buckeyes. Next month I'll buy another and when it is all said and done I'll end up with 5 more than likely....at my location they are getting cell signal, so I can put them where I've always wanted cameras but it was to thick for the buckeyes to get a signal even with their repeater thing on the orions.....so thanks Anthony.
By Anthony
I am glad its working for you.

remember that battery life is directly proportional to signal. The better the signal, the better the battery life is on cellular cameras.

However they don't always put cell towers where you want them so at times battery will suffer when signal is low.

You can do two things:

-add a booster antenna
-add more battery

If you get tired of swapping AA batteries add a solar kit or external battery.
By Mike8623
I'll be asking some questions later, I am also waiting on those long ac power cords and extensions. I'd like to put one of the cameras at my front gate. I have another one there now....it took the picture if the lion I posted, but I'd like to put one of yours there....i do have power at that location....anytime i run a line i try to make sure it has both power and water....you never know when one will come in handy for something and if you're going to dig a trench it doesn't cost that much more to do it all.
By Mike8623
My first critter pics on my ridgetec.Image. I also bought another lookout with plans for 3 more. Can't tell you how happy I am to see the rabbit. We haven't had many at our place and now I'm seeing a bunch, It is getting so thick where this pic was taken that I believe the predators are having a hard time catching them. So I hope they move on down towards our house. Had one living in our wood pile a few years back. I started feeding it and a dang weasel got it......I was so angry....but I am so happy to see the rabbits and in fact all the animals, What an awesome country and what a awesome place to live.

Thank you GOD!
Attachments
PICT0670.JPG
PICT0670.JPG (32.02 KiB) Viewed 765 times
PICT0677 (1).JPG
PICT0677 (1).JPG (95.91 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Reaperman............there is your bear. Not really a shortage of bears up here especially those Grizzlys, They really don't have any enemies and most have 2 cubs at a whack and lots of food herebouts so they are doing real well............their needs to be a season on them (maybe 2 tags a year in this area) or send a bunch of them to other states and see how that works, maybe a dozen wolves and a couple of grizz to new york central park.
Full fight compilation

Wow, that is a good catch. Do you recognize these[…]

More snow

A negative of Georgia... I am still running AC in […]

Ridgetec Camera vs Bear

What about wearing surgical gloves? would this hel[…]

It's just an Idea?

https://youtu.be/0ASKGWL-5lo