Please post threads related to camera comparisons and head to head testing that you are doing here.
I had run some tests of my 466 vs 476 and was really dissapointed in the 2012 version as my 466 was catching me in the photos more often during walk/jog tests. Mentioned this frustration in tbone303's thread.

I actually ran this test 3 times over 3 days because I wanted to make sure before I sent back the new camera. I thought I had tried every setting with matched settings for both cameras.

Turns out I did not try the "widescreen" on the 476 :idea: (because I was trying to match the cams), when I realized this I also changed the video mode from 720 setting to 480 even though I was testing photos on 3 shot burst (just to see if that affected anything).

After the changes the 476 started acting like I had hoped it would. I caught me more often than the 466 and sooner in the frame. The best example was a test of jogging by the cameras where the 466 only caught me in 15 photos and the 476 had me in 27 :!: I tested this again with a different 466 and the results were similar.

I am not sure why the change to widescreen would matter or if it was the change in video (although I was testing the pics so that shouldn't matter). I realize all of this could just be random chance but it certainly seemed repeatable in my 2 most recent tests. I also have to mention that it was about 10 degrees cooler for the tests were the 476 excelled.

Anyway, I am pretty stoked about the camera now. Just wanted to update prospective buyers after I cursed the same camera in tbone303's thread.
I had run some tests of my 466 vs 476 and was really dissapointed in the 2012 version as my 466 was catching me in the photos more often during walk/jog tests. Mentioned this frustration in tbone303's thread.

I actually ran this test 3 times over 3 days because I wanted to make sure before I sent back the new camera. I thought I had tried every setting with matched settings for both cameras.

Turns out I did not try the "widescreen" on the 476 :idea: (because I was trying to match the cams), when I realized this I also changed the video mode from 720 setting to 480 even though I was testing photos on 3 shot burst (just to see if that affected anything).

After the changes the 476 started acting like I had hoped it would. I caught me more often than the 466 and sooner in the frame. The best example was a test of jogging by the cameras where the 466 only caught me in 15 photos and the 476 had me in 27 :!: I tested this again with a different 466 and the results were similar.

I am not sure why the change to widescreen would matter or if it was the change in video (although I was testing the pics so that shouldn't matter). I realize all of this could just be random chance but it certainly seemed repeatable in my 2 most recent tests. I also have to mention that it was about 10 degrees cooler for the tests were the 476 excelled.

Anyway, I am pretty stoked about the camera now. Just wanted to update prospective buyers after I cursed the same camera in tbone303's thread.

I did a run test too and this cams trigger speed is really nice, it seems like the sensor is narrower than the 466. I did some flash range tests tonight and was blown away in the difference between the 476 and 466. Thanks for the heads up I will try it in widescreen now.

I did some flash range tests tonight and was blown away in the difference between the 476 and 466. Thanks for the heads up I will try it in widescreen now.

How much of a difference was the flash range?
Are you guys saying you're getting greater sensor detection in widescreen? I've been switching around the settings on mine and just did a card pull from a 2 week soak on widescreen and couldn't tell any difference in the sensing. I dropped the cam down to 3' and aimed it out flat and still no change in sensing. It doesn't miss a thing out to 45' but won't capture anything over 50' either. I think I like the looks of the widescreen pics better though - what do you guys think?

The second photo look fine to me. I see by the time of day it may not have been 100% dark so it is hard to tell.
If it is a transition photo it did good.
I like the wide screen photos because my lap top is wide screen.
I also think when i load the photos on to photo bucket it looses something.
If I use scouting assitant and make a video of the photo's they come out clearer and sharper on photo bucket if I go full screen to view the video. When you use scouting assistant and make the video you can select the 480, 720 or 1080 video mode before you save it. It makes a differance, in appearance and file size of the video.
suggestion, Maybe try make a short video of some photo's for compairison.
cel phone game cameras

I have a covert black and I've noticed you can get[…]

This firmware is now available. You can update yo[…]

Fall is showing its age

It is showing its age. This time of year goes by q[…]

Spypoint made a camera with a swap-able flash unit[…]