Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
The low res pictures sent by Ridgetec are 512 pixels wide. I think 640x on spartan. Nearly the same I think.

On the Lookout, there are 4 upload resolutions beginning with Standard Low, Medium, High, then High Def (1280x700) or 720p.

then there are two on demand resolutions: High Res Max (1600x900) and Original (based on photo resolution. Original is the file off the SD card.
what is the Lookout external battery voltage need?

what barrel connector size does it use? 4x1.7 like coverts, or 5x2 like stealth and others? Or...something else?
do you have a manual or draft of manual on the lookout yet? looking to see what the settings are like for taking video And pictures from the same trigger... and with that... can you specify if videos and pictures get sent... or pictures but Not video, etc.

all that fun stuff we game cam nerds dally with :)

what barrel connector size does it use? 4x1.7 like coverts, or 5x2 like stealth and others? Or...something else?

It is 12V but I do not know the barrel plus number. Let me check on that.
do you have a manual or draft of manual on the lookout yet? looking to see what the settings are like for taking video And pictures from the same trigger... and with that... can you specify if videos and pictures get sent... or pictures but Not video, etc.

all that fun stuff we game cam nerds dally with :)

I know they are finishing one up now. You can visit the demo page and see all the options and I can try and answer your questions here also.
ok, first up... picture/video combo options. will the cam take videos and pics on the same trigger?
if so, in what order? pics then vids, or vice versa.
in this config, do you get to specify pic and vid size... or is it sort of a preset combo?

if pics and vid combos are allowed, what is sent to the portal? or can it be specified?
ok, first up... picture/video combo options. will the cam take videos and pics on the same trigger?
if so, in what order? pics then vids, or vice versa.
in this config, do you get to specify pic and vid size... or is it sort of a preset combo?

if pics and vid combos are allowed, what is sent to the portal? or can it be specified?

Camera operates in Photo or video Mode.

in Photo mode, the camera wakes on PIR or Time Lapse (or SMS - remote control) and Burst is an option. If you set burst to more than 1 it will capture all the burst images, then attach to the network and upload all.

In video mode, the camera wakes on PIR or Timelapse (or SMS - remote control). It captures the video as per your settings, then pulls the first frame of the video out as a jpg. It goes online and uploads the photo.

There is no automatic video upload feature. this would likely squander too much data in the end. the better option is to allow the user to preview all the thumbs and request only those videos he wishes to watch using Video Request. this saves, cost and battery. This is how video mode is handled.

The size of the uploaded photo is the same as the video resolution obviously since it is part of the same event. There is no first step like, stop, take a photo, save to sd card, then start capturing a video. there is one event, capture video. After the video is captured the first frame is sent to portal.

from my discussions with many users or for me personally this is what works best.

I just wrote this up since your post. Its quickie and sketchy document on settings and gallery.

Read it and let me know if you have more questions.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=45864

4.75 mm OD, 1.7 mm ID

We have the external power cables with spade connectors battery ready. the power cables are on backorder now I have not placed those in my store yet but I will, along with Lock boxes and other accessories.

I have 4 that I can ship then I must wait (power cables)
Has there been any thought on extending the length of time videos are able to be taken? Ten seconds is a little short for security reasons sometimes. I realize it would be a massive file to send to your phone also, but would be nice to go longer in some cases.
Has there been any thought on extending the length of time videos are able to be taken? Ten seconds is a little short for security reasons sometimes. I realize it would be a massive file to send to your phone also, but would be nice to go longer in some cases.

This is one of those issues where our decision was based on "doing what is best for the customer whether they agree or not". However technology-wise it will make no difference on the camera to portal interface. It will use more of your mobile data to watch larger videos but you can always watch them on the computer instead or wait till you are on wi-fi which is what I tend to do.

Let us discuss here. What do you feel is reasonable?

for example, we will not change it to 60 minutes... what if someone put it on that by mistake... then requested 10 of those from camera. I worry the camera will be tied up too long uploading.
It seems like the signal reading is a stock feature now on the lookout as well, I had to use the debug file on my summit to get that in the past and feel that is an important feature when trying to tune in the blade style antenna. By turning the antenna you can change the signal from unusable to acceptable in some cases. Can you make a menu in the camera screen to show an instant signal reading? There is a delay while turning the antenna right now and find myself going in and out of the menu screens to get a quicker refresh of the signal strength. Also what is considered the minimum strength for the camera to be able to function still? The app is showing as low as 21% and still working, typically I'm in the 36% to 40%. I think that's somewhere in the 12 to 16 range on the cameras signal reading.
It seems like the signal reading is a stock feature now on the lookout as well, I had to use the debug file on my summit to get that in the past and feel that is an important feature when trying to tune in the blade style antenna. By turning the antenna you can change the signal from unusable to acceptable in some cases. Can you make a menu in the camera screen to show an instant signal reading? There is a delay while turning the antenna right now and find myself going in and out of the menu screens to get a quicker refresh of the signal strength. Also what is considered the minimum strength for the camera to be able to function still? The app is showing as low as 21% and still working, typically I'm in the 36% to 40%. I think that's somewhere in the 12 to 16 range on the cameras signal reading.

I have asked for a constantly updating signal value (numeric) on the view screen which I think is doable. In watching logs I do not see many errors in transmission until the signal is in teens or lower actually.

Behind the scenes is a transfer mode that will retry and break the file into parts and upload when errors occur automatically. Usually we can ensure a very high success rate on transmissions this way. But if the signal is too bad there is nothing the server can do about it.

the signal strength and throughput is strongly affected by your battery voltage level on all cellular cameras. Having a high voltage will give you better performance and I reccomend Lithium AA or use of external SLA.
I am curious if this works on Verizon and AT&T. In my hunting location both have their ups and downs in certain areas. Will the sim card pic the one with the best signal?

Anthony, Thanks for your tolerance. My company's […]

It’s good to see they are selling well this […]

The thing about using LiFePo4 or LiPo batteries is[…]

Cold fox

:D :D :D I needed that.