Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
Pictures and videos I've seen look pretty good..anyone here try it yet?
I love too that it'll accept sd cards up to 512GB. For videos that's awesome. Had one cam maker that has a solar cam(you can prob guess by that which company) that only accepts up to 32GB tell me anything bigger isn't needed. That makes zero sense. You have a solar panel built in to keep things charged but if doing videos especially it could be full w/in a month. Much less if longer and/or hd videos. I have a cam with a 32GB card set for videos and it's nearly full after 2 weeks. Set for 30 sec videos and over a creek crossing. Yes..a lot of videos. *end rant*

https://www.stealthcam.com/stc-g45ngmax-2/
One thing that drives me nuts is large file sizes in video mode. A 10 second video from my browning is approx 60mb and the quality is poor. On the other hand Ridgetec file size on the same 10 second video is approx 7mb with great quality. With that said, I dont know which file format is used by the G45ngmax. But from previous G45 videos posted on this forum, the quality always look good.
Stealthcam has always been pretty good imo when it comes to videos. Videos from 9-10 yrs ago are better than many I've seen these days. Still using their white flash model from some years ago and the 4k model- which btw for a one minute video uses around 410mb. I have a 128GB card in that one. On their website it still says it takes up to a 32GB card but elsewhere it says it'll take I think up to 512 also. Pretty sure they had a firmware update to allow for that.
Have yet to try a Browning. My Cuddebacks do pretty good...Wildviews not so great but they're cheaper models.
Not the biggest Dick's fan but if this is the same cam..not a bad price. Doesn't say "Max" yet it fits the description, and looks the same as on Stealth's website. Sale ends tonight. https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/stea ... x26mpngtch

Edit: Chatted with someone there but couldn't get a definitive answer as to if it's the MAX or not. They too thought the description fits it though.
The D means MAX with a card and batteries I guess.

Actually I see them on ebay even cheaper..
On video sizes .....

It all boils down to the codec or encoding of the video.

An MJPEG (Motion Jpeg) is simply many many jpg images stitched together as a stream. These are very large because it uses only Intraframe compression. Each frame is compressed (JPG).

MPEG4 with H.264 for example is Interframe compression and the codec used by the Ridgetec Lookout is H.264. This means that it compares frame 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and so on. Only the delta changes from one frame to the next are included. then every so often it places an iFrame which in case of corruption is a full frame to get the player resynced again.

So if the camera is stationary and a deer walks past the camera the background for the most part is the same in each frame so the video encoder pushes the changes as the deer moves through. This makes for a much smaller file.

Bluray for example is typically H.264 or H.265.
Anthony wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am On video sizes .....

It all boils down to the codec or encoding of the video.

An MJPEG (Motion Jpeg) is simply many many jpg images stitched together as a stream. These are very large because it uses only Intraframe compression. Each frame is compressed (JPG).

MPEG4 with H.264 for example is Interframe compression and the codec used by the Ridgetec Lookout is H.264. This means that it compares frame 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and so on. Only the delta changes from one frame to the next are included. then every so often it places an iFrame which in case of corruption is a full frame to get the player resynced again.

So if the camera is stationary and a deer walks past the camera the background for the most part is the same in each frame so the video encoder pushes the changes as the deer moves through. This makes for a much smaller file.
Bluray for example is typically H.264 or H.265.
I dont know much about file formats other than the file sizes dont coincide with quality. All of my cameras use .avi in video mode with a wide range of file size depending on the brand of camera. My older bushnell 119466 has one of the smallest file size with the best video quality compared to the other brands. Example would be ten second daytime video is approx 7 mb in size. A Primos is somewhere around 30 mb, and a Browning approx 60 mb and the worst quality. Ridgetec not included in above examples, everyone knows they are in a league of their own :)
Potty trained turkey

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: don't drink the water !!!

I have not seen this one before. https://vimeo.co[…]

Nice one towards the end there

Little Buck came back

Those were taken around 9:30 at night?