Trail Camera Discussion of Manufactured Cameras.
By Mike8623
OK folks I live in Montana, the wild part, very remote. I currently have the old Buckeye RC5000s and orions. It seems Buckeye just doesn't want to do anything unless you buy their very latest product. The management and employees just do not want anything to do with the old rc5000s and I assume the orions will be next as they head on to their next new item, so I am looking ahead to a new camera system.

I'm looking for a weatherproof camera that can be left out all year long and still perform. I would like both electric and battery powered so I could put some up at my house as well as some locations far away with electric access. I guess cellular would be best although I do not have cellular access at a lot of places on my property. I'm mainly interested in Pictures versus video and something dependable and controllable from my computer. If I have a problem I sure would like to be able to get ahold of someone who will help and not tell me to go away basically. What do you folks think......a security camera type system or just what. I would like to get value for my dollar and something that will laaaaast! Is it best to spend some good money on a good product or spend a little on a performing but small life product and just replace it ever so often. then what about wifi versus IR versus cellular or just what is out there

All help is appreciated as I start my search.
By Anthony
Hi,

Our Ridgetec Lookout Dual 4G LTE camera is a cellular camera that uses black flash (940nm invisible). It supports both AT&T and Verizon in one camera. As you move cameras around or deploy them you can select the carrier that gives you the best signal in that area.

It runs on 12 AA but also supports an external power connection at 12 volts. Ridgetec carries a solar power kit which includes a powerful 10W panel, ip67 case that holds both battery and solar controller. You supply the Sealed Lead Acid battery. The kit is held by a steel hanger bracket suitable for trees, walls, poles, etc.

All my cameras running on our solar kits run year round showing 100% battery. The camera itself is very power efficient and will provide almost double the battery life of competitors cameras when used in an equivalent manner.

The camera ships with both an AT&T and a Verizon sim. You use the Ridgetec portal to activate your sim and get your camera online in a few quick and easy steps (under 5 minutes). There is a mobile app for both Android and iOS where you can completely control all aspects of the camera.

There is no need to visit the camera other than to swap out SD card. Or you can remotely erase the SD card.

The feedback we are getting from customers is excellent. This is a system that does what it says it does. It is reliable and consistent.

Our Corporate site:
http://www.ridgetecoutdoors.com/product ... okout-dual

Trailcampro.com review:
https://www.trailcampro.com/products/ri ... 4555098200

Trailcampro.com top 5 cellular cameras for 2020:

our demo account url:
https://portal.ridgetec.com/tour/login/ ... hFY9YbCrwA
I'm new to the cell camera world and I did alot of research to the point I couldn't absorb anymore information, it came down to two and I decided on the RIGDETEC LOOKOUT DUEL......The camera is amazing as well as customer service, Anthony is a stand up professional, has helped me out in alot of ways and has answered my questions quickly and honestly
I know what you mean abut brain dead. There is just so much to read out there and anymore just because you read it doesn't mean it is true. I am 70 years old and I have been up and down a pine tree this morning trying to get a signal for my buckeye. I am just too old to be climbing pine trees, I'm cut and scratched up 6 ways from Sunday from that danged old tree. I've put an antenna on a long metal pole and have been trying to shove it up that tree to get more height for the signal. The pole is about 30 fee tall and at my age that thing is heavy. My property is pretty thick and getting thicker all the time. Getting a signal is harder and harder and the signal has to go to the pc base into the computer and then emailed to my account after that. So I've got two window 7 computers in my garage. One that gets the orions signals and one that gets the old rc5000 signals because they both won't work on the same computer and then you can't get any service on windows 7 anymore and on and on and on. Buckeye won't even talk to you anymore on the rc5000s and they really don't want to talk to you about the orions. they just keep moving on to new things and the heck with their older stuff. I've about had it.....anyway I guess I've went on enough...................I've also been putting on an addition to my bluing room for color case hardening and cold rust bluing then in August I'm going to tackle putting together a set of tracks for my snowcat and getting them to work right.....Just can't rely on getting the road plowed where I live even when you pay to have it done.
By Anthony
Ridgetec imposes MAP (min advertised price). All dealers should advertise the same price.

On our next batch of Solar kits we have increased the camera cable to 12 feet. We will offer 12 foot extensions as well for around $11 range.

We are still waiting on solar panels.
Bought one of the Ridgetecs and received it. Will head on over to Helena tomorrow and buy some batteries and an SD card. We'll see how it works. If all goes well I'll buy a few more and also retire my Buckeyes.
By Mike8623
Well got my cam up, running and set out yesterday.

My first thoughts of the cam is that right out of the box it was very light and pretty small, a lot different from the others I have (Buckeye). Cell service is not the best where I live so I went out on the porch with my computer, cell phone and cam where I can get both wifi and cell signal. My phone showed 2 bars but the ridgetec showed 4 bars. I went through the entire set up and got everything working.

I offer the following as constructive thought from a 70 year old, not very computer literate man. I did find the set up challenging and a little intimidating, so many things to consider and I was confused a little on some of them and how they interacted and determined the picture that comes from the cam as the end product. After a day of digging and trying to understand it all.......I am beginning to understand how it all comes together and works.......with regards to the end product and your pocket book. It more than likely will be awhile before I am real comfortable with it all, but I do believe it will come together in the end and work well for me. I can see the potential in this camera.....I mean it is all there I just have to understand it all. I can say without question (in my opinion) that this is heads and heals better than the buckeye RC5000 and orions that I have. I have been trying to get an orion into a location for years without success and well the ridgetec is there now functioning well. So overall I am very happy and will be buying more cameras. For me, I will just have to spend a little more time understanding what it all means and how it works together.

thank you for the camera and all it has to offer.

couple of questions

1. Can I wait until further in my first month before I pick a price plan? It seems to me the first free month is great, so that one can get used to the camera and all that it does.

2. Is there a way I can take a picture on the cam from my living room and see the picture on my phone so that I can see exactly what will be captured when a animal comes by. I really like the feature on the orions that allows you to take a picture from your computer and see it pretty quick as it comes thru the pc base to the computer.

thank you again for all the time and effort you put into this camera. In my opinion there is no comparison between it and the orions and rc5000s at about half the cost or more.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1596157989450.jpg
FB_IMG_1596157989450.jpg (145.15 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
By Anthony
Thank you for choosing Ridgetec. Yes there is a learning curve with any cellular camera product and the Ridgetec has a LOT of features.

Please check out our tutorials that we are adding to on a daily basis now. so more to come...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yWTYITfZwH

Your questions:

#1 - the free month is an award into your Points reserve which is like a reserve gas tank. Its there if you ever use all your standard monthly data. Prior to your renewal, make sure you have input your credit card details under My Account. Also under My Pool, select an appropriate Renew tier and check the Automatic billing option.

On your next renewal the system will charge your card, award you the data associated with your renew tier. It will do so month by month until you uncheck "Automatic Billing" such that on your next renewal, will suspend your sims and pool.

To get going again days, weeks, months later... visit My Pool and click "Renew Pool". Pay from the shopping cart. your sims will renew. no special activation fees are accessed. All you pay is next month's plan as normal.

Keep in mind that the data pool is shared by all cameras in the pool. Cameras can use data at different rates.

#2 - You can request the camera to take a photo on next contact (heart beat timer) -or- you can turn on "Remote Control" then tap or click the SNAP button.

Note: remote control places the camera in a high power stand by mode. an sms message (text message) will wake the camera up, it will record a photo or video, then send the photo to the server. Remote control uses a lot more battery power. I would recommend the addition of external power to operate this way.
Mike8623 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:40 am Well got my cam up, running and set out yesterday.

My first thoughts of the cam is that right out of the box it was very light and pretty small, a lot different from the others I have (Buckeye). Cell service is not the best where I live so I went out on the porch with my computer, cell phone and cam where I can get both wifi and cell signal. My phone showed 2 bars but the ridgetec showed 4 bars. I went through the entire set up and got everything working.

I offer the following as constructive thought from a 70 year old, not very computer literate man. I did find the set up challenging and a little intimidating, so many things to consider and I was confused a little on some of them and how they interacted and determined the picture that comes from the cam as the end product. After a day of digging and trying to understand it all.......I am beginning to understand how it all comes together and works.......with regards to the end product and your pocket book. It more than likely will be awhile before I am real comfortable with it all, but I do believe it will come together in the end and work well for me. I can see the potential in this camera.....I mean it is all there I just have to understand it all. I can say without question (in my opinion) that this is heads and heals better than the buckeye RC5000 and orions that I have. I have been trying to get an orion into a location for years without success and well the ridgetec is there now functioning well. So overall I am very happy and will be buying more cameras. For me, I will just have to spend a little more time understanding what it all means and how it works together.

thank you for the camera and all it has to offer.

couple of questions

1. Can I wait until further in my first month before I pick a price plan? It seems to me the first free month is great, so that one can get used to the camera and all that it does.

2. Is there a way I can take a picture on the cam from my living room and see the picture on my phone so that I can see exactly what will be captured when a animal comes by. I really like the feature on the orions that allows you to take a picture from your computer and see it pretty quick as it comes thru the pc base to the computer.

thank you again for all the time and effort you put into this camera. In my opinion there is no comparison between it and the orions and rc5000s at about half the cost or more.
Thats a great photo, is that the view from your home?

He doesnt have a very heavy rack, not to put him d[…]

More eagles

I filled another archery tag on Sunday morning. S[…]

This mornings hunt

https://youtu.be/C1OhzgNA6PI

Eagles

immature balds are often mistaken for goldens. th[…]