This is the place to share all the cool pictures & movies you get from your trail cameras. In other words, if it's not a picture or movie related to a camera problem, it goes here. If it is a picture or movie related to a camera problem, please post it in the appropriate manufacturer forum.
By Anthony
Well the bear won ..... photos sent in by a customer in Montana. Why do bears like to eat cameras ?
Attachments
image4.png
image4.png (640.84 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
image3.png
image3.png (561.63 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
image2.png
image2.png (421.24 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
image1.png
image1.png (506.04 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
By reaperman
Wow, he even climbed up the tree to get it. I suppose they like to chew up cameras just because they can.
By picdic
because they have the best sense of smell on the planet. even if you washed your hands heading out, they can probably smell your last few meals from your hands touching your cam.
this is why all my cams go in lock-boxes before going in the woods. theft isn't even an issue, to me. bears, they are attracted to my cams like they are honey.
By Anthony
What about wearing surgical gloves? would this help? Can you wipe down the outside with alcohol ? anything to remove scent ?

I think I read they do not like ammonia. Maybe an ammonia drip below the camera.
By reaperman
Maybe a lesson to be learned here about camera placement in bear county. To me, this is my least favorable camera setup. If a animal Isn’t directly under the camera it will be completely missed. And obviously, it leaves its scent close to the target area.
By picdic
Anthony wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 am What about wearing surgical gloves? would this help? Can you wipe down the outside with alcohol ? anything to remove scent ?

I think I read they do not like ammonia. Maybe an ammonia drip below the camera.
ya, one would think that gloves have to help. maybe a wipe down with windex, as it's ammonia and evaporates. i'll wash my hands with windex when i'm getting out of my vehicle to go check cams.
Any Mac users?

That why I switched to Mac. My old system has win[…]

Mid season Ridgetec buck

I'm guessing hit by a car since the bone below the[…]

choosing a game camera

I use Browning cams and the one I would recommend […]

Spartan premium credit?

https://support.spartancamera.com/hc/en-us/article[…]