This is the place to share all the cool pictures & movies you get from your trail cameras. In other words, if it's not a picture or movie related to a camera problem, it goes here. If it is a picture or movie related to a camera problem, please post it in the appropriate manufacturer forum.
By reaperman
It does look like the same guy? When does the rutting activity start taking place in your area. I saw a few scrapes this past weekend, but I'd say another week and things will kick up a notch. This weekend I'll shuffle some cameras around to know scraping spots every year.
By Anthony
I have not located any scrapes. Spent time this weekend looking and could not see them on known scrape lines from previous years.

I believe rut is first 2 weeks of November here.
By Gforce
Alabama's main rut is late Dec. to Feb. and have a lesser rut around November. The reason for the two ruts is in the late 1950's and early 60's fish & game brought in deer from Wisconsin and Missouri and mixed them with native Al deer. It took about 50 years for the over lapping ruts to combine into one long rut. This means you may still see rut activity as early as late Nov. to late Feb. Where I live in central Al. they stock deer from West Alabama and Wisconsin and you can tell the genetic differences. With the ruts so different the deer didn't genetically mix to well and it took years and years for the over lapping ruts to have the affects they hoped for.

They turned out 10 does and 2 bucks from Wisconsin on our property in 1956 and Dad had to agree not to hunt any till 19 63. These first ones were like pets and we would ride in the back of the pickup and throw hay, corn, and cow pellets out for them to eat in the winter time.
Last edited by Gforce on Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Gforce
You can still see the generic difference if you know what to look for. Here is one with a lot of the Wisconsin in him, notice the wide swept antlers and heavy body.

With this one you can see where the combined genetic have made a difference, notice the upward swept antlers.

By reaperman
That’s interesting. I suspect this isn’t normal practice today to introduce deer from other states due to the disease factor. Midwest deer do get heavy bodies. This is especially noticeable where I’ve deer hunted in Wyoming and Montana. The whitetails just don’t look the same, but they do have some dandy antlers out there.
By Gforce
They haven't allowed deer to be introduced from out of state for 40 years or more. You can't transport a live wild hog within the State, he has to be dead if you move him from where he is trapped. A typical AL. buck will look like these and be more like native Alabama deer.

Dumbing Down America!

https://youtu.be/K1Y9qgF47yc?list=UUx6h-dWzJ5NpAlj[…]

Some where. Had the cameras up about 12 feet. Ha[…]

I notice that the audio of my Browning Recon For[…]

The verdict

https://youtu.be/-9U3XMN0alw