Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
By Anthony
Everyone,
I have established this forum because I felt that the traffic on this topic warranted it. I feel that in many cases a person may be researching this topic and the messages are lost in the stack.

So, if you would please keep messages on this topic in this forum. I appreciate your help.

also, as we come up with designs I try and keep our site updated as well:

http://www.chasingame.com/cameramounting.htm
By tbone
I mounted my I40 to the arm bracket that a direct tv dish was mounted on I just removed the dish from the bracket. I put it high in a tree the trail cam can be moved up and down right to left works great. I zip tied the cam securely to the bracked 2 lag bolts 2 inches in tree very solid mount already have great pics.
By tbone
How can I post my pictures of how I mount my cameras on a tree. There is no attachment to choose from. Also i can not copy/paste the image into the post. Can someone guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Tbone
By Cutter
How can I post my pictures of how I mount my cameras on a tree. There is no attachment to choose from. Also i can not copy/paste the image into the post. Can someone guide me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Tbone

You have to upload your pics to a online pic hosting site. Most of us here use photobucket its free. Just create you a account there.

http://www.photobucket.com

Heres a link that tell how to us it!

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1264
By tbone
This is a Moultrie I40 trail cam and spyD 40 cam that I mounted easily to the mounting arm of a direct tv bracket. I wanted my cams off the ground from bears and people and this is what I came up with and it works good. The arm was free because I had one in my barn. It takes a little work, you need a ladder or climbing stand and two 2 inch lag bolts. The bracket holds the cam tight I zip tie mine and use the strap thats on the cam. I had to drill a couple of holes in the mount to put in the zip ties. You can go up and down right and left and zero in on a grain of corn with the laser. I used what I could find for camo which was tree moss just to make me feel better. Of course you can use this mount at eye level and position the cam where you want it, however you don't need a ladder. It is a very secure mount!! Hope this will help someone who has to hunt in high traffic areas and has been gettinhg cams stolen. tbone

I40

I40 SideView

I40 TreeMount

SpyD40 camo w/ Tree Moss

I40 Camo w/ Tree Moss

When All Else Fails Go Where You Dont Have Much COMPANY!
By tbone
I checked them sometimes daily, weekly, depending on location its an 8 ft . ladder which I strap to my 4 wheeler the cams are around 12ft. high. I tie the ladder to the tree for extra security. It takes a little extra work I admit but I'm trying to keep the cam out of sight they can be hidden better than the pics I posted that was just an example. tbone
By tbone
This is a moultrie spy d 40 12ft tree mount aerial photo from tbone and huntdog

11 Deer!!!
By outdoorsfellar
That's gotta be a pain to change out your cards, but still, that's a totally different perspective of viewing that all of us can appreciate just the same ! :D :D
By scrapejuice
I checked them sometimes daily, weekly, depending on location its an 8 ft . ladder which I strap to my 4 wheeler the cams are around 12ft. high. I tie the ladder to the tree for extra security. It takes a little extra work I admit but I'm trying to keep the cam out of sight they can be hidden better than the pics I posted that was just an example. tbone

As I looked at your pics of the mounting system. I really like the idea. Just curious, do you think I could cut part of the arm back a little to move the camera back tighter to the tree, thus making it a little less conspicuous? I really like the idea! Do you have any pics of people looking up at it?
By tbone

As I looked at your pics of the mounting system. I really like the idea. Just curious, do you think I could cut part of the arm back a little to move the camera back tighter to the tree, thus making it a little less conspicuous? I really like the idea! Do you have any pics of people looking up at it?

Scrapejuice glad to see my cheap idea caught someone's eye. I don't think its worth the trouble to cut the arm, actually I used the arm to hold onto when using the ladder the ground is not always level. I've not had anyone look up at it yet, this is my first year playing with these cams I started in March 08. I have to get off the ground because of bear mainly and make it hard for those so called hunters who will gladly steal a trail cam. In my other piics that I posted you can with a little work camo with tree moss. It's now late in the season and I just mount them as high as I can reach I mainly work tight thickets. Once you secure it to the tree or post with two lag bolts you can zero the laser tighten up the brackets and its there other than the tree moving from high winds very stable. The old direct tv dishes are a dime a dozen until someone starts to market this idea?? I bow hunt only from ground blinds and my cams and the deer are visble during the hunt this is the most fun I ever had hunting. If you decide to cut the arm and try it please let me know the outcome the sky is the limit I have 6 cams out at this time on these mounting arms Merry Christmas tbone.
By scrapejuice

Scrapejuice glad to see my cheap idea caught someone's eye. I don't think its worth the trouble to cut the arm, actually I used the arm to hold onto when using the ladder the ground is not always level. I've not had anyone look up at it yet, this is my first year playing with these cams I started in March 08. I have to get off the ground because of bear mainly and make it hard for those so called hunters who will gladly steal a trail cam. In my other piics that I posted you can with a little work camo with tree moss. It's now late in the season and I just mount them as high as I can reach I mainly work tight thickets. Once you secure it to the tree or post with two lag bolts you can zero the laser tighten up the brackets and its there other than the tree moving from high winds very stable. The old direct tv dishes are a dime a dozen until someone starts to market this idea?? I bow hunt only from ground blinds and my cams and the deer are visble during the hunt this is the most fun I ever had hunting. If you decide to cut the arm and try it please let me know the outcome the sky is the limit I have 6 cams out at this time on these mounting arms Merry Christmas tbone.

I will probably try something out. I like the idea of putting the camera up out of the normal field of view of would be thieves. I was working on a similiar bracket which would also be very theft proof, but the cost was going to eventually be too much. If I can find one of the dish brackets (I probably can, i havent' looked yet), I will begin working on something. I will be putting either an I-40 or a SG550 on it. As for the moss, I probably can't go that route. We don't have moss in our trees around here. So I'll have to go some other route for camoflauge.
By peter nap
Tbone, you just solved a major problem I have. I want to mount my Panna 150 near my river but it's already drowned two cameras during floods.

That means it needs to go up at least 12 feet in a tree. The Bear box I got from Anthony is heavy and the whole package would be a PITA to mount and aim up that high.

I have two of those Direct dish arms (I make parabolic mics out of the dishes). Gonna Camo one tomorrow along with the box.

THANK YOU!!!

Would like to say thank you to both Anthony and St[…]

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0