Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
By kris77
I read somewhere on here there was a guy selling mounts that you could tilt and swivel fairly cheap.

I have a 466c and want to mount it to a tree without the strap. Of course it needs to tilt down slightly. Swivel isnt necessary. Not sure how to make this myself.

But now I cant find the post where the guy is selling them. Anybody know what im talking about? or even some directions to make one myself?

Thanks
By NantucketShedHunter
I bought 6 PTM's and use them every day with my cams. It's the only way to mount a cam on a tree. Highly recommended.

By kris77
I bought 6 PTM's and use them every day with my cams. It's the only way to mount a cam on a tree. Highly recommended.

You were the one i was talking about. I liked your mounts and for the life of me couldnt remember who had them. Thanks!
By Backwoods Whitetails
Predator Hunting mounts! go to backwoodswhitetails.com No tools needed and will give ya more adjustments and mounting options that you ever dreamed of. Good luck
By T-post
Thanks for the kind words, guys. :P

Kris, you ought to take a look at my "BTC mini mount" for an affordable and rock solid mount. A lot of guys put these up high in a tree and screw it into a tree limb instead of the tree trunk; this allows the camera to be aimed down at a really steep angle.

The PTM (Pivoting Tree Mount) that NantucketShedHunter uses, has been redesigned for 2012, it's now shorter to move the camera tighter to the tree. I personally like my old design better because it gives more versatility, but folks kept asking for a stubby version. :shock:

By wv-outdoor
If you didn't want to wait. You could go to the hardware store and pick up a few items and have one for less than $5. Here is a picture of one I built and you could do the same except the eye bolt for your camera would fit in the threaded hole in the bottom. Can tilt and swivel both. Of course you would have to carry a couple wrenches with you to make adjustments. Just an idea if you needed it now. The other ones posted here look real good too. Here's a pic of one I made for my M80 security boxes and they work really well up high on a mineral lick.

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]