Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
everyone knows a lock only keeps a honest guy honest but i cant stand to NOT lock my cams so this is what i do. I took a piece if 1/8" steel and cut it into strips 4 3/4"x 3/4" and i went to Lowes and bought some stainless steel 5/32" chain and welded to the very end of the back side and drilled a hole on the other end. I can attach it to the tree with a really small 6" bungie cord and one side to the drilled hole and the other somewhere on the chain till its tight enough to hold the cam. I use the small 4pk of master locks wal-mart sells for 7.97 so i have one lock on the chain bracket and one on the cam itself. Works great it just slides through the strap loops on the back of the cam. If anyone has any question just ask and ill try to post some pics! Its cheap insurance.

Last edited by kycamtrakker on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm intrigued but not sure I completely understand how you're using this to secure the cam. Do you have some pics of a cam you have mounted using this?
Metal bar slides through the strap loops on the cam. Chain goes around the tree and a masterlock secures the chain to the other side of the bar that has the hole in it. He then uses another lock on the cam itself. Alot of cams have a place to put a lock on the cam itself to keep people from opening them up.
I'm intrigued but not sure I completely understand how you're using this to secure the cam.
Matt typed faster than I did, but I'm going to chime in anyway.
The bar fits through the strap "loops," and the chain goes around behind the tree, to the other end of the bar, where it is padlocked. The weld and the padlock keep the bar from being slid out of the loops, in either direction.

Kinda like these, but without the 'T' shape: <http://www.murphymetalart.com/tbar.html>

Welding is good. Image
Sorry I didn't know anyone made anything like this.
It proves "G.M.T.A.: Great Minds Think Alike." I think it's cool that we have guys in different states coming up with ideas for this stuff. Image
I don't have a plasma cutter, or a welding rig, and don't usually have the Great Mind part, either. :lol:
Ones with a chain already attached could help keep absent-minded guys like me from misplacing the bar. :oops:

everyone knows a lock only keeps a honest guy honest but i cant stand to NOT lock my cams
It's a rare day when I put out a cam that's not in a security case, and the few times I've done it, the cam has been well anchored to the tree, with another padlock to keep the cam closed.
Good locks can persuade the dishonest guy that it'd be better to just move on to an easier "score."
Anything to slow the bums down and make them work for your cam.
Anything to slow the bums down and make them work for your cam.

Sadly this is all the locking system is going to do. With the plastic strap loops on the back of the camera all anyone has to do jerk up hard on the bottom of the camera, using the top as leverage against the tree. Your camera is gone in less then 2 minutes and you will come back and find your chain and lock still on the tree. If the scumbags want your cameras they will come back with a bolt cutter or cordless sawzall.

Would like to say thank you to both Anthony and St[…]

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0