Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
By peter nap
I have a lot of trouble mounting to small trees 4" or less. Seems these are always the ones in the right location though.

This lets me mount to them plus it's quick to move the camera to another location. It works with either bottom thread or back thread cameras.

A three dollar Harbor Freight clamp and an eleven dollar ball head is all that's needed.

You have complete control of pan and tilt.

By Ol Arky
Gota question... Why the security box???? Why not just mount it directly to the camera??? Ya can release the clamp and ya got the camera where ya can move it around or change cards or preview pictures or do most anythin' else to it... :? :?
By peter nap
Gota question... Why the security box???? Why not just mount it directly to the camera??? Ya can release the clamp and ya got the camera where ya can move it around or change cards or preview pictures or do most anythin' else to it... :? :?

The box is a little crunchier than the camera.

By slay
Yep, nothin screams dinner to a bear than the smell of an unprotected Reconyx. :P
I know that from personal experience (twice)

I swear I could place 20 low end stealth cams and one Reconyx in a row and I can tell you which camera will have teeth marks in it at the end of the day.....
By Ol Arky
I forgot about bear... We don't have any where we are in southern Arkansas except around a few state and federal wildlife areas... But the clamp wouldn't work here since we have TOO MANY sticky fingered folk's that love to take what ain't there's....
By peter nap
I forgot about bear... We don't have any where we are in southern Arkansas except around a few state and federal wildlife areas... But the clamp wouldn't work here since we have TOO MANY sticky fingered folk's that love to take what ain't there's....

Yeah..that is a problem. You can cable the camera to the tree but since the clamp is made for small brushy trees you can cut down with a pocket knife, wouldn't do much good.
By Ol Arky
Yep, I mounted one of my WGI IR4's on a small pine tree this year using their little bungee cords to mount it with and it stayed there for several mounts... I took it down about the middle of modern gun season... Figured I'd pressed my luck long enough... Got some good picture though... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Would like to say thank you to both Anthony and St[…]

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0