Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
By shenriver_man
I just got my Stic-n-Pic mounts delivered today and they are awesome. The tree mount is my favorite but the stand is gonna make field and water sets really simple. I am gonna secure the stand with Wolf Fang earth anchors just in case even though its on private property. I will post up a few pics of my setups once I get them made.
By RR_Security
I haven't used my Stic-N-Pic Tree Mount yet, but I'm thinking about putting it on the corner of a roof overhang.
There might be a way to bolt a security case to the movable part; I need to work on that. But if it's up above my reach (unless I'm on my trusty folding ladder), it should be out of reach for the Average Thief, too.

Those earth anchors are pretty neat. Even if the ground isn't frozen around here, though, we now have more snow on it than I want to be messing with. Maybe in a few months I can scout out a nice briar patch to hide the tripod stand in. :wink:
By hazelvillebucks
I just got my Stic-n-Pic mounts delivered today and they are awesome. The tree mount is my favorite but the stand is gonna make field and water sets really simple. I am gonna secure the stand with Wolf Fang earth anchors just in case even though its on private property. I will post up a few pics of my setups once I get them made.

i can,t wait please show us wolf fang also. the huntin season in missouri was supposed to have ended yesterday but i can not figure out where one of my bushnell 325,s is. at the end of the season i was moving cams a lot and i either did not move it or i put it somewhere that i don,t remember. it may get a long soak. i have gotten happier with straps when moving cams a lot but i really need a good stand a lone mount.
By hazelvillebucks
Business is sure to pick up with you guys onto my secret weapon !

yes your posts have opened my eyes. i am no longer looking to face either north or south. maybe someday the light bulb will burn bright.
By slay
Ummm..what did I miss?
I dont want to be out of the loop on any weapon, especially a secret one.
By shenriver_man
Ummm..what did I miss?
I dont want to be out of the loop on any weapon, especially a secret one.

I'm pretty sure he is speaking of the Stick-N-Pic camera mounts. Up until a week or so ago I was content with using trees,posts,stumps or whatever else I could find to strap a camera to cause I couldn't justify spending the extra money on a mount or stand. I was trying to set up my Red40 on a tree to watch down a fence row and after trying sticks and rocks and pieces of bark to angle the cam for 15 minutes I had convinced myself it would be worth it to try some sort of mount. Do I think I need a tree mount or stand for every cam....no...but I can guarantee I will have a couple stands and tree mounts for special setups and situations. It's worth the extra for me because of the time and aggravation I save.
By slay
I see. Thanks for the clarification.
That is a guaranteed camera drowner for me. I dont have ponds where the water level is stable. You dont even wanna know what a rain storm does to a creek in these parts. I wish I could use the application, but I know someone will get too interested in one mounted in a field.
By shenriver_man
Here are the earth anchors I am gonna use to secure my stands from theft. I am gonna loop a python through cam and stand also. I use these to secure my traps and i cant pull them out by hand and most of the time not even with the winch on the atv. Unless I leave them I usually have to dig them out with a pick.

By RR_Security
Excellent. Do you swage the sleeves/ferrules yourself, or buy the looped cables already made up? Bench crimper, like in the video, or handheld one?

I had been thinking of using some clips like these, with theft-resistant nuts, but maybe the crimp-on ones would be better. Image
By shenriver_man
Excellent. Do you swage the sleeves/ferrules yourself, or buy the looped cables already made up? Bench crimper, like in the video, or handheld one?

I had been thinking of using some clips like these, with theft-resistant nuts, but maybe the crimp-on ones would be better. Image

I bought them and added the cable I used a handheld crimper to put the ferrules on.

https://youtu.be/WPpZcMRTjnE

Trail Cam repair question

I'll be watching, I had the same thing happen with[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]