Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
By csb
This type of mount was posted on one of the forums a while back, great idea. What I did was add a couple of Nylon Collars along with a Locking Nut to hold the adjustment. I have used them for the past 3 months with no problem. I have 2 lengths of the Lag Screws, 3 & 3/4" and 2 & 1/4" with the Screw Eye into the cam being 1/4-20 threads. If you have any questions PM me.
Thanks, csb
By csb
I back off the Wingnut way down, then put the small 1/4" Nylon Washer on next. I screw the camera on the Screw Eye CAREFULLY!!!down till it bottoms out in the cam then back it off to close to the position you want the cam facing. Bring the Wingnut back up and with the Nylon Washer between the cam and the Wnut. it acts like a loc washer. Done
By bearlakeremf
This type of mount was posted on one of the forums a while back, great idea. What I did was add a couple of Nylon Collars along with a Locking Nut to hold the adjustment. I have used them for the past 3 months with no problem. I have 2 lengths of the Lag Screws, 3 & 3/4" and 2 & 1/4" with the Screw Eye into the cam being 1/4-20 threads.

This is a great idea, but your raccoons must leave your cameras alone? I have one location where the camera must be rigidly mounted to the tree with a bolt in the padlock holes or the little buggers will try to open it up. I have videos of him working on it, body covering the whole camera, real noisy. He pulls the external battery cable out, has gotten one latch open so far and tore off the little rubber plug for the cable hole.

I'm going to experiment with a tree trap to get him.
By johnnydeerhunter
I've been using these and they work great. I have a homebrew in a large case with 16 batteries in it. I mounted the cam up high angled down and it never moved.
By johnnydeerhunter
I made one and it works great thanks

Sweet!! I tried to make it and couldn't find all the right parts easily so I just asked CSB if he could make me a few. I'm sure he'd be happy to put a few together if anyone needed them.
By Incognito
Great concept.

My hardware store already thinks I'm either insane or a McGyver wannabe. It has been a long time since I have bought anything there and used it for it's intended purpose. They have even stopped asking me if they can help me find anything.

Inc
By aaronmach1
Great concept.

My hardware store already thinks I'm either insane or a McGyver wannabe. It has been a long time since I have bought anything there and used it for it's intended purpose. They have even stopped asking me if they can help me find anything.

Inc

hahaha! ya i was putting mine togather and they asked me what i was making as they were rinnging me up. I told them trail camera mount. He said "you know, they sell those cheap like $15 everywhere."
His next words were," that will be $6. " I said ya, but you have them here for $6. He laughed and i walked out happy.
By mattpatt
Here's one I made to adapt to a T-post or round pipe

http://youtu.be/bWDOqrbVJvo
By bobcat
I've made several of these and they work great.

Would like to say thank you to both Anthony and St[…]

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0