Please post ideas for security features, mounting brackets and stands. Please include photos and designs for everyone to see.
By picdic
with getting my covert 3G cam, i also ordered the lockbox, as i wasn't putting out any cam worth that much $$ without going that extra effort to protect it. i also use the solar panel and booster antenna.
By picdic
i have to say though, that there's still a weak point, even when in the lockbox. and that is the antenna. i would imagine a bear would find that to be enticing and have it tore off in short order.
By picdic
the solar panel, i usually try to clear some branches and aim it toward where it will recieve the most direct sunlight. not always easy.
By picdic
tcams definitely become addicting, so it doesn't take long and one's collection starts to build.
myself, i won't put my cams out without protecting them as much as i can. so, i had to come up with an idea for my homemade boxes, as i wasn't going to keep buying new, premade ones for every new cam i purchase. the idea i came up with was using electric boxes from homes. they are changed over to the newer, cheaper, plastic models, and they just get thrown away by the electricians. but, it's possible to catch them before they are thrown out. so i was able to get one from an electrician that he had not yet thrown away, and that became my next project for my new cam, a moultrie M-888.
By picdic
a quick sanding gets it down to it's bare finish and ready to start.

then i fit the camera inside, into the best position. i used foam to fill up the extra room behind it and also beneath it, to raise it up off the bottom. also to have a soft layer to protect the cam somewhat and not scuff it all up.
then some foam along the sides to hold it firmly in place.
By picdic
with it now positioned properly, i marked where i would need to make my openings.

then some simple cutting with the dremel.
By picdic
after a few different paint jobs, this was the finished product.

and these boxes even have spots for bolting to a tree. i don't use that method, i prefer to just python lock and rope.
but really, these boxes are about as perfect as it gets for a tcam lockbox.
By picdic
well now, as if the tcams themselves aren't addicting enough on their own, i was now becoming hooked on making the boxes. i couldn't wait to make another. i went and rustled up another box before i had even purchased my next cam.
i settled on a spypoint force 11d, so that began the next box build.
By picdic
now with this box, i saw some improvements i could make to it. it's much different than the previous one. the other has a door that hinges up and it locks solidlt in the bottom at center.
this one opens to the side, hinged on the left, and locks on the right, but at the bottom. i felt this made a slightly weak point of the top right corner. not really anything that needed to be upgraded, but i imagined a bear standing and trying to check it out, and his claws would just naturally grasp at the top of the box, and they would catch that door lip and that's where the looser top corner could definitely be forced outward if that happened.
plus, i didn't really want the build to end yet, so on to some improvements. that resulted in a locking top as well now that really makes the box quite sturdier.
By picdic
and something i learned from the first build, is that the box needs some side attachment points, for attaching the bottom of the box securely to the tree.
so similar to the top latch i had added, i made some side connector loops that made a big difference over the first box.
By picdic
the first box, once i was out in the bush finally putting it in the field, i found that i had overlooked that. the python lock on it's own secures it to the tree, but it needed to be held more securely. just a slight overlooked issue on my rushing the job to get the cam out. i ended up just tying it to the tree, with way too much rope, and that was a pain every time i went out to check on the cam.
By picdic
the original, purched box had to go throught some make-overs as well. it's purchased look is pretty plain and simplistic, so i started adding to it.
[img][https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/15540673_1184951714958406_5366629223318398502_o.jpg?oh=11de93213eaba789ba3b018daef77f69&oe=58B38FA8/img]
By LibbyLA
Are you not able to lag screw the boxes to the trees? If you can use lag screws, I would recommend using them, and use LONG ones. Looks like with your method, on some of your boxes, you have to loosen or remove the ties in order to service the camera.

Neat idea with the electrical box!
David Clements Speaks out

Watch before it is censored from Youtube... https[…]

This takes talent

2-in-1, now I have not done that before.

https://youtu.be/V2Fwz7XAfzI

We have to build a free internet, a new data cente[…]