Use this forum to discuss modifications to cameras for retrofitting external batteries, solar panels, and case mods not related to camera security.
By sixgunluv
Greetings all i'm a newbie here, I am also new to trail cams.
My problem is I got a stand white flash Bushnell for Christmas that but battery life sucks and there is no way, that I know to hook up an external power source. So anyway I just got a new Moultrie D-40 for my B-Day. I asked for it because I knew it had an external power port. After reading here I've decided I want to go with the Stealth Kit/12v/charger/+box for external power. I have read the post about the mod for this setup...my question is about the plug shown on this link....is this the plug I need instead of the one the kit uses. It's listed "External Power Cord" #2 D40
http://www.custom1enterprises.com/custo ... 08_005.htm
By sixgunluv
Thanks,
I ordered the stealth kit w/box and the correct cord. All I have to do is splice the battery&cord and I'm ready to go correct?

As for the 2007 Bushnell 911204(Standard White Flash)..I have to do something since it eats batteries soo fast. Even though I set it out over trails and bottlenecks and don't get alot of pics, (not due to the camera in anyway)..it still eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake!... and then shuts off. :| Takes good pics when it has the juice though.
By 300-remultramag
I HAVE HAD BATTERY PROBLEMS TOO. I WAS USEING 5 AMP HOUR RECHARABLES,, I WENT TO THE 12APH RECHAREABLES. I HAVE TWO CAMERAS THAT SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF MOST BATTERYS SO I PUT A 20APH BATERY ON THEM.. SO I HAVE TAILORED TO MY CAMERAS NEEDS BY ADJUSTING THE AMP HOURS,, THATS THE BEST THING THAT I HAVE FOUND TO DO :mrgreen:
Sandhill crane

This is 1/2 of a pair nesting in my wetland. With[…]

I don't understand correctly:) This is video by n[…]

This is a company that has been around a long time[…]

Owl

Thats the first thing I thought of too. If it did[…]