Use this forum to discuss modifications to cameras for retrofitting external batteries, solar panels, and case mods not related to camera security.
By zr2paul
So after purchasing a solar spot light with sensor for my cabin from Home Depot and being impressed on how good the light and charge is I decided to purchase the smaller version and hook it up over my trail cam to extend viewing distance at night. I have to say for $40, it did the job great! I had my light about 12' off the ground above the trail cam and pointed a little too straight down...if I had pointed the light a little further out and maybe lowered the light down to 8-10' I would have had much better results. I did take it down as I didn't want it up for my deer hunting season but I plan to put it up again in the spring. Here are 2 pictures with and without the solar sensor spot lamp. You will notice how much more you see with the spot lamp and I noticed no change in deer numbers. If I were to change the position of the spot light the pictures would be much brighter.

Paul

Yep, woodies are back.

Winter Mix

Thats a great compilation of clips and variety of[…]

pretty cool.

Sandhill crane

This is 1/2 of a pair nesting in my wetland. With[…]