Use this forum to discuss modifications to cameras for retrofitting external batteries, solar panels, and case mods not related to camera security.
Does anyone know how to hook up 6 volt external power supply to a Cuddeback c3300, and c4300 cameras?? I recently purchaed the 6 volt 12 amphour battery to hook one up. I donot know much or if any about this. I live about 4 hours from where I hunt and those darn d cell batterys want last and ther way to expensive! I am new to the forum so any help would be very appreciated!!!!

I GOT IT FIGURED OUT ON THE C3000, C3300, C4300 AND CAPTURE SEREIES ONLY ONE SMALL HOLE TO BE DRILLED IN CAPTURE MODELS, THE REST OF THEM YOU CANT EVEN TELL IF THEY WERE HOOKED TO AN EXTERNAL BATTERY. THANKS FOR POINTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION :mrgreen:
Last edited by 300-remultramag on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
What I would do (and I dont remember what goes in those cameras- is it 4 D cells ? if so then its a 6V camera) is open the unit up and inspect how the pos/neg wires attach to the battery compartment to determine which point is positive and which is negative.

Then soldier a pair of wires red/blk of about 6 inches long in side the box and dril a small hole in the case near the bottom or whareever makes the most sens. buy a female barrel plug assembly from Radio shack and the appropriate male part (in fact several males just in case). Mount the female port on the camera and soldier up the red and blk wires to it.

Make yourself a battery cable with the male plug extendinf 4 or 5 feet or so to your battery (you can place a fuse inline with positive if paranoid).

The key thing here is to make SURE you get the polarity correct or you may fry your camera.

Yep, woodies are back.

Winter Mix

Thats a great compilation of clips and variety of[…]

pretty cool.

Sandhill crane

This is 1/2 of a pair nesting in my wetland. With[…]