Use this forum to discuss modifications to cameras for retrofitting external batteries, solar panels, and case mods not related to camera security.
By T-post
A lot of my camera locations are very reflective white rock...If I had gotten this afternoon MMS picture in the morning or evening, it would look much better.

This has got me to thinking about putting the lens from a pair of sunglasses over the camera lens to reduce glare, but I bet the night pictures would then be too dark.
Then I remembered about the lenses that automatically get darker when it's bright outside and lighter when it's not bright (photo-chromatic lens).

I may be wasting my money, but I ordered a pair of cheap nonprescription photo-chromatic sunglasses on-line from http://www.zennioptical.com/ ...they should be here in a few weeks and I'll pop a lens out to give it a try. :mrgreen: 8)
By robnj
you can get a polarizing filter off ebay for a couple bucks for the glare.
By Chachoze
Thats an interesting idea T-Post, i'm curious to see how it worrks.
By T-post
Ok, I'm learning....looked on eBay and see that they are not tinted....just ordered one...I'll experiment with it too. :D Here's what I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190477605261?ss ... 1439.l2649
By robnj
you can get a polarizing filter off ebay for a couple bucks for the glare.

I'm in an area where I have zero expertise. :shock: Is a polarizing filter tinted too?

its used to help cut glare. fishing sunglasses are polarized so you can see into the water. my dad used them on his cameras. im not sure if they add tint. i never used the filter myself but used the glasses. good luck with your experiment
By wv-outdoor
Wow!!! Your going to take trail camming into a whole new dimension.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good luck with the tests and looking forward to the results.
By dbaxter
Wow!!! Your going to take trail camming into a whole new dimension.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good luck with the tests and looking forward to the results.

X2 :!:
Murphys Metal Art and Polarized Trail Cam Lenses :shock: :mrgreen:

David
By rgilley
go T Post.......some people minds work all the time. I wouldn't have thought of that in a million years.
By Ol Arky
Make sure ya try some camovision lens too... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By T-post
Today I tested my Code Black three ways:
1. Stock camera
2. Polarized lens
3. Photo-chromatic lens (lens darkens in bright light)

Test 1: I set the stock camera on my tailgate aimed at my white gravel driveway:

Test 2: I placed a polarized lens over the camera lens:

Test 3: I placed photo-chromatic (auto darkening) glasses over the camera lens. As mentioned earlier, I ordered on-line a pair of glasses with the prescription set at zero and photo-chromatic lens.

Conclusion:
Both of the additional lens made the picture much better; I think the auto darkening glasses might be a tad better than the polarized lens. The file size dropped a little with the lenses, which should result in MMS transmitted pictures that are less pixelated...I'll have to experiment with that next.

By Mjn1979
Wow.That is a big jump in clarity with the additional lenses.
By Chachoze
I would say the polarized lense would be the way to go, it seems like you loose to much with the auto tint lense. Unfortunately both loose a lot of definition in the darker/shaded areas.

The real question is how they perform at night with ir...will the polarized mess up the ir somehow? Will you loose too much at transition times with the auto tints? Sometime they take a while the tint to turn off completely. Neat test T-Post

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]

When people are having a bad day at work or things[…]

If you can get it to work without internal batteri[…]

Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]