Use this forum to discuss modifications to cameras for retrofitting external batteries, solar panels, and case mods not related to camera security.
By Kane
Been messing around with an old Cuddeback Capture , I found a Coleman 6v rechargeable pack and charger at a thrift store for $1, then ran on to a Stealthcam battery box at a garage sale for $2. No idea how long it will last but if it keeps me from having to buy D cell batteries it is well worth the $3 and my time.

I was having really good luck with Dollar Tree batteries but lately they have been garbage. I had planned to buy some D rechargeables but just haven't, this camera is getting a bit "worn" so I hate to spend the coin on rechargeable D's when I have nothing else that uses them.

By Kane
Thanks and yeah I figured it was worth a try and it seems to work fantasic! I used my small herd of barn cats as guinea pigs over night and it filled a 256MB card with pics...all with flash, and it has plenty of battery left. :) Before it would drain Duracells before a 256 was filled. Granted that isn't a huge amount of pics but for intitial testing I am pleased.

It is not nearly as fancy as some others here but it isn't nearly as expensive either. I didn't hard wire it to the camera yet since I wanted to test first so I will do that today using Deans connectors and seal it, then throw it out on the deer trails. I also was able to reset this cam and got it to works slightly better, the dial is messed up but I was able to get the 1 min delay back at least.
Just some latest videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwSdb2V4PdM

Help me with my addiction!

Check with Verizon and see if you have texting on […]

I have a primos camera I run off a ext battery wit[…]

20190831_111807.JPG 20190831_111546.JPG Here is[…]