As the stickies and announcements get some age on them I will move them into this forum. Dont think that because they are in here there is not some good info here!
I'd have to say that you are right on target. It's hard to understand how such a large and well known company could have so many different problems with their camera and be so mistaken about the trigger time; all the while being oblivious to the problems. Just as puzzling is the slow customer service.

Oh yea, the lemon in you picture speaks volumes!
Well, I know my '10 Model BTC Bone Collector has a sub 2 second trigger speed. I have been testing it continuously all week long and trying to get it to fail and it won't. I have tried extremely hard and placed it into bad situations to see the outcome and have only had one white out (in direct sunlight), no runaways, great pictures, and one that operates just as smooth as my 09s. The only other fault was blurry nighttime pictures on a fast moving dog. If he was still, the night pictures were excellent too. I can't believe how much light it puts out!
Antony, exactly which models were you testing? Any BC or any viewer models? I cant see how there would be much difference in them unless the BC they have in stock right now are from an older batch. If so I may just have them ship me that one instead of wating on the veiwer model................Feel like I am shooting craps or something...........At least I know the odds in that game....LOL
Don't know for sure about trigger time but i love my 09 and 2010 BTC. Maybe every one who doesn't like there BTC could just give them to a loving home and I love mine. :mrgreen:

Well, even though trail cameras are used for different purposes, the seller should not give false information or change the performance without changing manual and public specifications.

Both trigger speed and shutter speed are important parameters for trail cameras, just as horse power is important for cars. You cannot label a 2010 BMW model with horse power 3.1 and then reduce it to 1.9 in the middle of the year. You will get sued for that.

For me, I use the TCs for security purpose occasionally, while we are going on vacation,
or go on to the mountains for camping, or when some people want to rent my cottage to stay there. In such cases, trigger speed, white-outs, motion blur, are all problems for me.
JMAN,

can you describe your trigger time test methodology ?

I knew this was going to be your response....no I don't have the sophisticated technology that you use....but I do know how fast I walk, my wife walks, and I know how many pics I get and the placement of people in the pictures is a solid indicator and I do own and know how to use a digital stopwatch and move my hand in front of a camera.

Just because you have been doing this for along time doesn't mean we cannot conduct our own test and not bow down to your almighty opinion on things. If your SGs and UWAYs are so great, then why don't they give you a 2 year warranty like Bushnell? Even if they are a little slow, I still got another year to find a problem with my camera. I also see many posts about SG 550s dieing right after the first year but you don't get off on that rant.

If seems unusual to me that you seem to be the only person who ALWAYS get a dud.

You do realize that the same Boly Media that built the 09s with all these problems is the same company who is building your SGs now.
I knew this was going to be your response....no I don't have the sophisticated technology that you use....but I do know how fast I walk, my wife walks, and I know how many pics I get and the placement of people in the pictures is a solid indicator and I do own and know how to use a digital stopwatch and move my hand in front of a camera.

We were not thinking of anything negative but was courious if maybe it was the same method as one of the other members had come up with which we thought was pretty good. they used a lap top and a couple bar stools. Another interesting method was to use an iPod touch in stop watch mode, swing it in front of the cam while pressing the start button, then hold it there for the cam to take a photo.

Just because you have been doing this for along time doesn't mean we cannot conduct our own test and not bow down to your almighty opinion on things. If your SGs and UWAYs are so great, then why don't they give you a 2 year warranty like Bushnell? Even if they are a little slow, I still got another year to find a problem with my camera. I also see many posts about SG 550s dieing right after the first year but you don't get off on that rant.

Boy, you are really tough on us, you are correct there is a bunch of SG cameras that are no longer with us. And the reference to YOUR SG's and UWAY's is incomprehensible. why do you not ask that question to the people that imports them?? they probably can give you that answer.

If seems unusual to me that you seem to be the only person who ALWAYS get a dud.

How about duds, would you want to go to the store and read the package and expect certain functions out of a product and when you get it home find you did not get what you wanted? Seems there should be some complement in order that we paid enough attention that we found this and informed the potential customers. You are fortunate that the version they replaced your cam with is one of the slow movers and they had old stock left.

You do realize that the same Boly Media that built the 09s with all these problems is the same company who is building your SGs now.

Wrong! KeepTime built the 09 Bushnell using the Boly Media platform. This was taken back when the split took place and then they had to develop the 10 version on their own. Present SG's are again built on a new Boly platform that was recently developed.
JMAN,

can you describe your trigger time test methodology ?

May be you don't realize this site IS for opinions and reviews of game cameras...

See above...."ChasinGame.com Your source for scouting camera reviews."

Anthony has always been fair and as a matter of fact on occassions a bit too fair!

While I'm not a big fan of any of the Chinese made junk, I realize many people are , not because of the quality of the produce or the customer service, but the price.

I do realize there are those that actually receive a working camera and are quite happy , as you appear to be ... but you may want to address those that are very unhappy, the ones sending back those inferior cameras for repairs and exchanges and in many cases with demands for additional monies...

Maybe Bushnell gives those 2 year warranties because they know they'll need them. :wink:
Very interesting Anthony.

What I also find interesting is the trend on several hunting Talk Forums that also include a section on trail-cameras to have new users logging on and their first post is to bash anyone who mentions how many problems the new Trophy Cam has. Looks like some gorilla marketing is going on.
My opinion only :mrgreen: BTC when workin' are as good of $200 camera as you can get BUT when it takes 2 months to get warranty works done PLUS ya pay for ya shippin' and return shipping they kinda loose there luster...

Just my opinion... :wink: :mrgreen:
I had a contact that questioned our findings because they had also seen tests on the Trail Cam Pro site that showed the one second trigger times (using the "triggernator") and asked why the difference. All we could say is we feel that those tests may have been done on the original cameras and not this week as ours have been done. Their tests have no date so it might be a good question for those customers to ask if they are contemplating a purchase of one of the BTC cameras from them. Our trigger times have been confirmed from 5 different sources at this point and we are performing more to verify that it is not just a "bad cam".
Anthony, thanks a ton for your hard work on this issue! Sorry you are getting browbeat for keeping your finger on the pulse!! I am hopeful my 2010 replacement will function as J.M.A.N.'s has. Where is their quality control? I feel bad for their CS people actually answering the phones! Seeing BMC's instant response to minor issues or adjustments, great CS and allowing frimware updates gets my vote, hands down! Just wish they didn't insist on the remote!!

Yes. All mule deer. Cellular service is very spo[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

We designed the Ridgetec Lookout with a special fi[…]

Trail Cam repair question

thats great!

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/2021-winter-pre[…]