As the stickies and announcements get some age on them I will move them into this forum. Dont think that because they are in here there is not some good info here!
just looked at my pictures on my new 2010 bushnell and they all came out fine. over 700 pics in 10 days. I had it set to take two pics at a time..... not one white out and only 10 with nothing in the picture. I read all the bad reviews but I would have no problem buying another one. This was my first trail camera, just bought a wildview 55dir and put it out the day I picked up my pictures from the 2010 bushnell.

Thanks for adding your experience. Folks are much more likely to post a negative buying experience than a positive one. We want to hear/see them all! :D
Just thinking out loud here…I haven't followed all the different releases of the BTC so I may be off, but did the newest released version (slower trigger time) eliminate the whiteout problems, or had that already been corrected?

Reason I ask is that I had a particular homebrew (a503) that would tend to get slightly washed out pictures when in an open sunny area on the first picture of a series, but normal pics on all subsequent pics (camera would remain on). The reason for this was that the camera needed time to adjust its aperture to limit the amount of light coming in, and it wasn't fully adjusted when the first picture was taken but was for all subsequent pics. I could have eliminated this by slowing the trigger speed by a few tenths of a second but never did because the wash outs weren't all that bad.

Now I don't believe the BTC has an adjustable aperture like a point and shoot camera, but I would think the firmware would have to account for the amount of light present. Perhaps it is similar in the fact it needs a certain amount of time for the camera to adjust before taking a picture?

My whole point to this rambling…is it possible that bushnell was forced to sacrifice the trigger speed in order to eliminate the whiteouts?
just looked at my pictures on my new 2010 bushnell and they all came out fine. over 700 pics in 10 days. I had it set to take two pics at a time..... not one white out and only 10 with nothing in the picture. I read all the bad reviews but I would have no problem buying another one. This was my first trail camera, just bought a wildview 55dir and put it out the day I picked up my pictures from the 2010 bushnell.

Thanks for adding your experience. Folks are much more likely to post a negative buying experience than a positive one. We want to hear/see them all! :D

Herein lies the problem with a lot of the discussions on not only CG, but other prominent forums also.

You have experienced testers/users, and newbs. Nothing against newbs (we all were at some point!) as all input is good to have, but people need to weigh comments from each user a bit differently.

I also think people may be confusing the point that the revisit is for the latest produced Bushnell. If your version is before: 4680CF0Lx02009 then you should still see good shutter speeds.

As always, you get people defending their purchase choice too.
Just thinking out loud here…I haven't followed all the different releases of the BTC so I may be off, but did the newest released version (slower trigger time) eliminate the whiteout problems, or had that already been corrected?

Reason I ask is that I had a particular homebrew (a503) that would tend to get slightly washed out pictures when in an open sunny area on the first picture of a series, but normal pics on all subsequent pics (camera would remain on). The reason for this was that the camera needed time to adjust its aperture to limit the amount of light coming in, and it wasn't fully adjusted when the first picture was taken but was for all subsequent pics. I could have eliminated this by slowing the trigger speed by a few tenths of a second but never did because the wash outs weren't all that bad.

Now I don't believe the BTC has an adjustable aperture like a point and shoot camera, but I would think the firmware would have to account for the amount of light present. Perhaps it is similar in the fact it needs a certain amount of time for the camera to adjust before taking a picture?

My whole point to this rambling…is it possible that bushnell was forced to sacrifice the trigger speed in order to eliminate the whiteouts?

In theory what you are saying is true. If a particular camera uses light metering, then it is sampling the light with the sensor and adjusting the photo/video imaging properties prior to captureing/saving the final image to the SD card. Not all cameras have light metering. Light metering is a dynamic process that can take more or less time depending on light conditions, thus trigger times are essentially affected. I would say that 500ms or .5 seconds is more than enough time to do this portion so I guestimate that only .5 second of a trigger time should be attributed to light metering unless sloppy programming is done in the firmware. Light metering is required to properly avoid whiteout at dusk and dawn.

On the Trophycams we are seeing extra seconds, not .5 seconds so something else is happening here.

We do know that hardware changes were made to the boards inside the TrophyCams in the May time frame and that firmware changes were required to support the new chips. What this entailed we do not know. We guestimate that poor firmware coding could be attributable to some of the trigger time losses and that some is hardware which may not be correctable.
Antony, Other than the trigger time, have you gotten any other results yet, like how is the whiteout situation on this cam etc.
I dont have an answer to that one. In fact I have about 10 cameras ahead of this one right now. I will make time to get some brown critters in front of it.
id like to weigh in, i guess id be considered a newb as i dont test and take these things apart and have NASA scientific instruments to butim not a dummy either. i purchased one of the 2010 btc at bass pro. set it up on a feeder next to a d-40 wich has remained reliable. it sat in set up mode for a week, new to the switch thing oops. but after ajusting i set it up in low sensitivity got 12 pics vs 100 on the d 40 moved it to normal about 25 to 140 and high sensitivity was about 40 pics to 140.pic quality was far beyond the d 40. but i couldnt get it to take pics. im guessing due to the 100 degree weather here in LA it could have played a part, so it went back to bass pro before my 60 days was up. i liked the size and the AA batts that last a long time. i would buy another if i was convinced it was just the heat. but i will wait till cooler weather and maybe buy another. intresting info though. i saw a lone game cam in a local store that looked just like the btc in a camo box. differnt name but it was definately the same manufacturer. i took a pic on my phone but i think i deleted it. any info on this company? i did pick up a x6c the other day and im testing it at the moment, then i saw in academy that remington sells the exact cam for 10 bucks less. any info in these also?
We are reviewing the X6C and the remington is the same thing made by the same people.

As far as out post BTC tests in front of the feeder, we did not see whiteouts and there is reduced motion blur but both day and night shots are noticably darker.
I purchase the XLT and sent it back, company sent a second one with same problem. Trigger speed OK, pictures of trees were great any animal with movement was just a blur. Seems as if the shutter speed was very slow. I purchased from TrailCamPro.com and their customer service was great, no problems with returns. I did purchase two Primos 35 from them in place of the Bushnell, my brother has one(Primos 35) and his gets great battery life with good pics. I would have purchase a Reconyx but we have to many low lifes in our area, as our next door neighbor had two large feeder stolen last week.
Ok, I give! How does one locate said "Version #"?

Thank you,

Richard

"I also think people may be confusing the point that the revisit is for the latest produced Bushnell. If your version is before: 4680CF0Lx02009 then you should still see good shutter speeds.
As always, you get people defending their purchase choice too."
Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0

Redtail hawk

Cool.

David Clements Speaks out

Watch before it is censored from Youtube... https[…]