As the stickies and announcements get some age on them I will move them into this forum. Dont think that because they are in here there is not some good info here!
We got a tip from a CG member about a brand new version of the Remmington Ghost. This camera is available at the Academy Sports chain sporting goods stores. We went right out and picked one up.

The cost is $118. First impression: It works. Trigger is under 2 seconds. We are impressed so far. We will start a new review for this model and put it through its paces. You should probably follow this. If this camera performs as designed, then it should be a nice camera for the price.

I will get a new review started for this camo version tonight. If you have interest, experience or knowledge of this camera in any variations, respond on this thread.
I just seen this camera at walmart for $130
We got a tip from a CG member about a brand new version of the Remmington Ghost. This camera is available at the Academy Sports chain sporting goods stores. We went right out and picked one up.

The cost is $118. First impression: It works. Trigger is under 2 seconds. We are impressed so far. We will start a new review for this model and put it through its paces. You should probably follow this. If this camera performs as designed, then it should be a nice camera for the price.

I will get a new review started for this camo version tonight. If you have interest, experience or knowledge of this camera in any variations, respond on this thread.
Just bought one from Wally World. Testing in progress.
This camera also has the problem we discovered as do all of them. It requires a firmware update by WildGame Innovations in order to fix the problem with the black photos.
I purchased the Remington Ghost on 10 Aug 2008 and have just checked the SD card. I was delighted to see several small bucks and one large 10pt. However, during the first and last light the camera's pictures are all black. I have the camera stationed on a North/South trail to prevent the sun from contaminating the shot. Can anyone help me to fix this problem. Thanks for your help,

Daniel
There is no fix for this. Only a firmware update from the manufacturer with programmable times for morning and evening to indicate "night" will fix it. Or as an alternative a hardware change that will use the photo cell to determine "night".
Anthony,

How hard is it to install a photo cell? Any tips? I have tried to reach the manufacturer but had no luck. Would I be better to simply return this cam to Walmart? If so any recommendations for cameras....I am a broke student and hoped this would be an alternative to spending hours in the woods. Thank you very much for your time.

Dan
Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Trail Cam repair question

Greetings all. I'm new to forum and trail cam owne[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8