As the stickies and announcements get some age on them I will move them into this forum. Dont think that because they are in here there is not some good info here!
Yes, I agree :!: They need a better definition of "Authorized" and/or list all of them on their web site

I am an "Authorized" HCO ScoutGuard dealer, and my name/info isn't on their web site anywhere :( :cry:

I hope this doesn't decrease my sales.......

Guess I need to send them an inquiry

~ Hunt-n-Fish-VT
I bought some of these "unauthorized" scoutguards from the other distributor and was a bit shocked when I read the hco announcement that the warranty would not be covered. I contacted DLC, the other distributor and was directed to their websites. These sites explained their side of the story and also clued me in on how they plan to get around the trademark. Appears as if they trademarked their own name and the manufacturer will be building cameras for them under this new name. Also appears as if the HCO trademark deal was a fairly recent one that excluded DLC from being dealers after the manufacturer began to sell them cameras for resale in the US. You can read it for yourselves at their sites:
www.scoutguardusa.com and www.ducklickcreek.com
Seems like valuable information for people that may be worried about their warranty.
I would like to respond to this. I was the "unauthorized" distributor for the scoutguard. But, only after I became "unauthorized" on Aug 26th. I was a legitimate business, with full authorization from Scoutguard and BMC to sell and distribute the camera. What was failed to be "press released" was the fact that until then I was authorized to sell and distribute, the warranties on all cameras that were sold by me or one of my dealers is in fact valid and still honored. Also, a part of their agreement was that scoutguardusa and it's dealers had 3 months to sell it's inventory of cameras, with full warranty support by the manufacturer. There was never any communication by HCO to the fact that they had purchased the trademark rights to my company.
There was never any communication by HCO to the fact that they had purchased the trademark rights to my company.

I wouldn't think it was HCO's obligation to inform you...I would think that obligation would be the Scoutguard's or BMC's. :|

If you would like to post something on your business to get the word out, head the "Vendor Self Promotion forum" and post your info there. :mrgreen:
Wasn't trying to post for business.... just stating facts, thought maybe some of the folks who had purchased the cameras might be interested in knowing they are covered by warranty and support for the cameras they purchased. Would have thought you'd be more than happy that they had legit cameras and did not have to worry about the purchase. I'm sorry all you could get from the post was me druming up business. :)
I do agree it wasn't their responsibility to contact me, not what I was implying.
Wasn't trying to post for business.... just stating facts, thought maybe some of the folks who had purchased the cameras might be interested in knowing they are covered by warranty and support for the cameras they purchased. Would have thought you'd be more than happy that they had legit cameras and did not have to worry about the purchase. I'm sorry all you could get from the post was me druming up business. :)
I do agree it wasn't their responsibility to contact me, not what I was implying.

I've noticed youve been sigining up on quite a few forums talking about this incident.

Just curious I guess :|
To be honest, I have only signed up on one other forum. I may have some help that I don't know about. And when I post, I do like I just did here, don't try to hide who I am. I just felt it was necessary here to post. It wasn't fair to my customers or dealers with inventory left to sell or warranty issues to not be aware. Your site is well recogonized and read, especially about the scoutguard.

I have no quarrels with HCO, they made a business deal. That's the way it is. But, I did think a little more depth to the happenings were approriate, as the initial press release are a bit misleading. That was my only intent.
And
I will only promote my product in the approriate places.

The information you gave is of value to our users. That is why it is still here. If I had thought your sole purpose was just to drum up business, I would have deleted the entire post and not just the part that linked to your business.
Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Trail Cam repair question

Greetings all. I'm new to forum and trail cam owne[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8