New to the forum or trail cameras? Got a question? This is the place to start. Please introduce yourself and tell us your plans for your cameras. Enjoy !
By jrz_dad
Hello All from SW Oklahoma. I've joined the site to get more info on cameras AND to get help in setting up my existing ones. I'm currently having an 'issue' with the sheer number of pics I'm getting and no game on the pics themselves (ghost pics?). I've read all the google info I can on setting up (proper placement, make sure nothing is in the way to false trigger, etc) but it seems despite my best efforts, I still get a few hundred pics over a weeks time and very FEW game animals are in the pics (in the last batch, there was ZERO). I do get a lot of pics of the feeder, its shadows, the clouds in the background, etc...nothing at night thou...So, given that info above, how about some recommendations on where in this group I might start my search on resolving these issues?...Thanks all!! James
By Ol Arky
Welcome James... :D :D

What brand camera are you using???

It could be a lot of things and the brand of cameras will help narrow it down...
By jrz_dad
Hello Ol Arky - I have a cuddyback, a Moultrie (990i I think is the number on it)...and a couple wildgame innovations (don't have the models at the moment) - I can get that info later this weekend if its needed...my cams all pretty much do the same...the cuddyback seems to work best (more game pics)...It's frustrating for sure...I've always made sure the camera was at a proper angle to the feeder (pointing downward slightly) and there was no tall grass, branches, or other 'stuff' that would trigger the cam...but it just seems that a shadow triggers the cam...so, I'm open to new thoughts, ideas, even new cams ...Thanks!
By johnnydeerhunter
Welcome to the site James. Maybe post some of your pics so we can see your set ups, might be more helpful.
By Ol Arky
I have a setup with my Covert MP6Black takes pictures of the transition of shadows on bright sunny days... I faces more west than north and has small pines and brush on the opposite side of the 25 to 30 yard wide lane we have bush hogged... I sure I get some false triggers because of the wind also...

Also if the object you have the cameras mounted on moves that could cause them also...

Don't know about setting but my Coverts have low, med and high... I run all of mine on the low setting since they are setup on feeders or feed piles...
By jrz_dad
OK! i think i may have found an issue with one of the cams...there is a 'slight' shift in the pictures when I view then in slideshow mode on the PC...i will put this can in a more stable spot and see how it goes..in fact, gonna do this with all the cams just to be sure...i'll report findings later guys....Thanks for the input!!
By dbaxter
Welcome to CG! :D

David
By jrz_dad
Morning Everyone - sorry bout the late posting but life has gotten in the way for awhile...the multipic/ghost issue I think is under control...I was not 'dilligent' enough in my camera placement and the tree would move ever so slightly it seems ...hence ghost pics...I did purchase another Browning Command Ops cam and its doing great so far...my OLD cuddyback is also still working great too (I cant believe this old thing still works as good as it does!)...my Moultrie 990i doesn't take night pics for some reason...so unless someone can offer a fix for it, it appears its hitting the trash soon...(just gives me another reason to buy another cam thou!)...Thanks for all the help - i'll try to make sure the next time I post up, its because of an actual problem and not a headspace issue with the operator!! *sigh*
By johnnydeerhunter
No night pics the first thing I would do is change the batteries.
By jrz_dad
Morning all...a quick question for those of you who may be in the know. I have a Moultrie 990i (gen 1)...can the firmware be updated on these models? I'm still having performance issues with this camera. I've changed the batteries as recommended; made sure to use the correct SD card in it; positioned it so that nothing sets it off other than movement...(I'm testing in the fenced area of my back yard - it should only pick up my dogs movements)....I still get the occaisional ghost image on it...it performs great during the day and 'sometimes' at night...(I get a few pics at night)...ive tried every setting the manual recommends for it...so my last option is to see if the firmware is the issue or not..so, can the firmware be updated or is it time for a new cam?...Thoughts?
By johnnydeerhunter
You can check with Moultrie to see if there is a firmware upgrade available, it's also probably on their website somewhere. If there's not then see below.

Email this guy : mark@cloud9tech.com

He bought a older m100 off me and fixed up a m80 for a friend. He sells moultries he fixed up. He said he fixed about 1000 moultries and primos. Not sure where he gets the cams from but is a great guy.

Worth a shot to anyone out there looking to get something fixed instead of junking it or spending $ on a new cam.
Done with them!

https://youtu.be/pwU_AGPbBiI?list=UUx6h-dWzJ5NpAlj[…]

3 legged doe visits again

It's been a little while since she came over to vi[…]

https://youtu.be/wpiPNRVmMzU

Bobcat's back.

bad luck this time but sooner or later, you will g[…]