General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
Thanks for the repley back Cindy, Because of you and all your efforts to help others with tech support questions with a quick answer back, I will be buying a new
SG-550V as soon as they hit the market. On this new model has there been any other solftware or hardware upgrades besides the pic viewer? Also I would like to say this Discussion Forum has so much good imformation on it because of it's great membership, Big THANKS to all. :D
Thanks again Rick!

Rick,

The only difference between SG550V and SG550 is the color picture viewer. Good news is, the QC issues identified recently have all been solved, so we expect to see NO or very few QC issues reported on SG550 series from now on...

"Also I would like to say this Discussion Forum has so much good imformation on it because of it's great membership, Big THANKS to all. :D "

Exactly! Not only for this trail cam, but for all other trail cams that are out there on the market (or not yet released to the market in some cases, I believe), this website has been of tremendous help!

Kudos to chasingame!!

Cindy

PS: We wish we could sponsor Chasingame by donating some caps at least (with NO hidden agenda), but our wish was politely declined :| :shock: :!:
Hey Cindy, and to all,

You can send me a HCO Company Hat, ( my bald head gets cold up here in Centrail N.Y. ) BTW I just ordered today, the New SG-550V Cam and the whole nine yards from Busy Bee Outdoors.
I gota say that Joe at BBO is the greatest guy to work with, his customer service and help are outstanding. He when't out of his way to answer and help with all my questions ( BIG THANKS JOE ) :D And I also have to say thanks to Anthony for doing this upgrade report, and spending all my money
( LOL ) :roll: Looking forward to posting some pics when my cam arrives.

Rick!

The only difference between SG550V and SG550 is the color picture viewer. Good news is, the QC issues identified recently have all been solved, so we expect to see NO or very few QC issues reported on SG550 series from now on...

So does the new SG550V benefit from the recently solved QC issues, or is it going to take a short while to implement them?
What about the SG550? If I were to buy one today, how could I be assured I am getting a camera that has a much greater chance of being trouble free?

Joe

So does the new SG550V benefit from the recently solved QC issues, or is it going to take a short while to implement them?
What about the SG550? If I were to buy one today, how could I be assured I am getting a camera that has a much greater chance of being trouble free?

Joe

Yes, SG550V (and SG550 of course - edited by Cindy 01/11/09 1:09pm) benefit from all the QC efforts. Feel rest assured, and we'll continue to monitor the HCO QC procedures at the factory.

Thanks,
Cindy
HCO
Last edited by HCO_Sales on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So how about Joe's question on the 550's as some of us aren't that interested in the 550V?

Our inventory goes so fast and I'm confident to say 99% of your purchases will be cameras as young as newborn baby (counting by birth date in the factory :mrgreen: ). I didn't say it's 100% just for scientific reasons :oops:

I didn't point out SG550 in particular because if you talk about its age when you purchased it, it is as young as SG550V. Even the factory can't keep enough in stock for us and we have to manage quite some lead time to supply to our dealers :shock:

(Also when I read my previous replies, I did mention "SG550 series", a.k.a SG550 & SG550V) :roll:

And just a side note, if your seller didn't ship you the camera on the same or second business day, don't automatically assume they are slow in processing orders, many times it's because we don't have enough cameras in stock :o

Hope this helps clear it up, and "that's what I have to say about that" :D
With lack of replies, my guess is that dealers have inventory of the old versions that can't be returned to HCO, so they need to sell those before the new versions are available. Sounds like a crap shoot.

You went to the trouble to register, just to make that post? Glad you got that off your chest. Well, welcome to the forum. Why don't head over to the new member forum, introduce yourself, and ease into it here for a couple of minutes before expressing such harsh opinions.
Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0

Redtail hawk

Cool.

David Clements Speaks out

Watch before it is censored from Youtube... https[…]