General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
Actually he has a metal plate slid through the slots in the back of the camera. The metal plate has holes in it and the python goes through it on each side.

To take the camera you have to break the plastic on the back of the camera. The negative here is that you can not cinch it down tight.

Anthony is correct and it is actually a pretty neat idea for mounting the camera. Security wise, the downside I see is that I think with a flathead screwdriver it would be pretty easy to break the two slots in the back of the camera.

The new breeds of mini cams are gonna be alot easier to hide, but much like their big brothers, are all still likely to need some sort of box for security.
Imagine the camera just a bit thicker (depth) to allow for a pipe thru style security and then imagine the case being made of metal instead of plastic. Maybe a light weight metal stronger than aluminum. I expect this would increase the cost but it be more secure but being so small its not a lot of metal really.

You would want the pipe thru on the front, so someone couldn't walk up and unlatch it. Or maybe just the front half could be molded metal and the back still plastic as long as the pipe thru was on the fron part.

your thoughts ?
For mass production, I don't think you are gonna companies move away from plastic. As far as the pipe through, yes through the lid to inhibit opening the camera.... although if someone could open it and steal you memory card/batteries, it might would stop the urge to steal or damge the the camera! :lol: :mrgreen:

The pipe through idea is good. All it requires is a small amount of space through the guts of the camera for placement.
Actually he has a metal plate slid through the slots in the back of the camera. The metal plate has holes in it and the python goes through it on each side.

To take the camera you have to break the plastic on the back of the camera. The negative here is that you can not cinch it down tight.

Anthony is correct and it is actually a pretty neat idea for mounting the camera. Security wise, the downside I see is that I think with a flathead screwdriver it would be pretty easy to break the two slots in the back of the camera.

The new breeds of mini cams are gonna be alot easier to hide, but much like their big brothers, are all still likely to need some sort of box for security.

Absolutely.......With a sharp and strong knife, depending on the type of bark, this would be a no-go for me. The box is needed for better security. Best to hide and hope.
maybe they have it already....

But in the security boxes is there a way to thread a bolt in the bottom of the tripod thread that is built in some of the cameras? I think it might add to some stability and confuse the thiefs even more if they are trying to steal one in the field.

Maybe a dumb idea, but maybe thread the python through the eye bolt that would secure the camera on the tripod thread.

I know...kinda stupid.
maybe they have it already....

But in the security boxes is there a way to thread a bolt in the bottom of the tripod thread that is built in some of the cameras? I think it might add to some stability and confuse the thiefs even more if they are trying to steal one in the field.

Maybe a dumb idea, but maybe thread the python through the eye bolt that would secure the camera on the tripod thread.

I know...kinda stupid.

Not stupid no.

Bill designed a bracket for the covert ll using the tri pod threads but being there are so few users and interest we did not publish it.
It was only 4 screws but we are not a proponent of disassembling your new cameras. We would hate for someone to damage a camera on our advice. So we do not advise people to do this.
First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone. Iv'e been absent for a while and it's nice to be back :mrgreen: Next, I've spoken with joey the owner of DLC several times about the pir issues and he assures me they are working on it but will not release what the fix is until it is complete and tested. He also advised me that the fix will be very simple and available to all current owners. He also assures me that any customer that is having issues is very much welcome to contact him directly and he will make certain they are taken are of - info@dlccovert.com He has also told me that he has been surveying customers for some time concerning the PIR and so far it has not been an issue with customers. As a dealer, I've not received any complaints either. I've also spoken to a couple other dealers and they are reporting the same thing. The recent IR issues brought up by CG are new to me. I've not had the oppurtunity to speak with him about this, he is out of town until the 10th.

I want to personally URGE any end users that are experiencing problems with their covert II to contact DLC. I for one love this camera and have not personally experienced the issues that CG has. I've gotten great in the field performance both on trails and bait stations with zero blank first picture shots in 3 shot mode. I have not had the oppurtunity to do the testing that CG has, I'm simply reporting what my in the field experiences have been. I'm going to disassemble several covert II's later tonight and inspect the pir lens as well as try some night time testing. I will post my resluts as soon as I can. I'll also post any other info I get from DLC ASAP.

Until then, I'm glad to be back and hope to stick around this time!

Dave S.

https://youtu.be/WPpZcMRTjnE

Trail Cam repair question

I'll be watching, I had the same thing happen with[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]