General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
I would like to have the option to change the width of the detection sensor. On a bait there is no sense to detect outside the camera view. A little inside would be nice. On a trail, especially on video mode it would be nice if the video was started as the animal was entering the camera view. I still get video on my scoutguard where the animal is 1/2 to 2/3 thru the camera view before the video starts. And then it takes a second or two for the camera to adjust exposure correctly. With my I40 allot of videos are just the hind end if the animal is at a steady walk.
So my vote goes for some sort of built in adjustable slider on the PIR sides where the user can move the detection width to his or her desire depending on the situation. :D
If you purchase the support contract, you get a whole convoy of renegades straight out of the central american jungles, machine guns, cigars and all. These guy will protect your Yodercams but I must warn you, do not let your contract lapse.
I would like to have the option to change the width of the detection sensor. On a bait there is no sense to detect outside the camera view. A little inside would be nice. On a trail, especially on video mode it would be nice if the video was started as the animal was entering the camera view. I still get video on my scoutguard where the animal is 1/2 to 2/3 thru the camera view before the video starts. And then it takes a second or two for the camera to adjust exposure correctly. With my I40 allot of videos are just the hind end if the animal is at a steady walk.
So my vote goes for some sort of built in adjustable slider on the PIR sides where the user can move the detection width to his or her desire depending on the situation. :D

I think you've read DLC's mind! From what I understand, the PIR remedy will be optional and can easily change from wide to narrow.... I guess we'll soon see.
Either way the camera in my opinion is still a winner. Like I have said I personally haven't had an issue with the wide PIR range. I think Jack said it best you are just filling up cards. But, on the battery story from Roscoe. I buy my batteries at Costco, so they are fairly cheap. Plus those batteries are co-packed by one of the leaders in the battery industry, if not the leader. I have a buddy in the battery business and they tried to bid on that business a few years ago but lost and he works for Rayovac. I happy they lost because Rayovacs are junk. I like the bunny.
Interesting. Are they going to change the Lens so you get the full detection range, or jut put a cap over it to mask the overreaching fringe?

I think the cam already reaches out consistently past the edge of the IR illumination. I think Anthony told me they tested it out to 50'. I didn't because of time constraints and I almost never set up a cam intending for it to trigger that far. :)
So illumination distance is still the limiting factor with the Covert II, just like the SG550.

They advertise 40' on the illumination. That probably stretching it for actually getting consistently usable pics(IMO, most cam companies "overstate" flash ability). I think the sensing will certainly cover that 40'.

Outside of maybe the Reconxy HO, illumination seems to be the limiting factor of nearly every IR camera!
I don't know about that, the Moultrie I-Series has a pretty good flash distance. I'd like to see the CovertII on the 50' page. The pictures I've seen posted seem to eliminate the Tunnel effect that the SG shows, but it doesn't seem to have improved the illumination distance much at all.

Yes. All mule deer. Cellular service is very spo[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

We designed the Ridgetec Lookout with a special fi[…]

Trail Cam repair question

thats great!

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/2021-winter-pre[…]