General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
If the 2 year warranty is true, that would probably make these cameras a slam dunk for many folks. That would take much of the cost risk out of a low end cam.

Thanks,

Jack

With what I have seen with almost all of these cameras, not specifically "Boly" cameras, a two year warranty is a self inflicted business death sentence! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
If the 2 year warranty is true, that would probably make these cameras a slam dunk for many folks. That would take much of the cost risk out of a low end cam.

Thanks,

Jack

With what I have seen with almost all of these cameras, not specifically "Boly" cameras, a two year warranty is a self inflicted business death sentence! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

I don't think it is necessarily worse from a business standpoint. If you buy high enough volumes from the factory and get your per-unit cost low enough, you can probably swap 3 cameras or more for each failure. With these small cameras, shipping cost is not as bad as with the larger units. If you sell cameras with QC issues and have a short warranty like stealth had, you get a reputation like stealth has. Pretty soon, your sales drop and you need to up your warranty to stay in the game.

If the cost you are paying on a per-unit basis is low enough compared to the competition, moving to a 2-year warranty should steal a lot of sales from the competition at the low end where QC is a real issue. This could force your competition to go to a 2-year warranty. Given you both have similar failure rates, the larger units of the competition are going to burden both them and the consumer more than it will you.

I think this is a great strategy. I'm presuming a company as large and diverse as Bushnell can even take a loss on one product line long enough to drive some competition out of business. With their volumes, their per-unit cost will likely be lower than the competition.

I also think this is good for the consumer. If it is effective, I expect it will drive higher end camera companies like BEC and Reconyx to go to longer warranties. This will cost them little since they have low failure rates, by comparison. However, as a consumer, I like having a longer warranty even if I don't need to use it. In fact, if I were BEC or Reconyx, I'd consider increasing warranties even longer to help differentiate my products from the low end cameras.

Thanks,

Jack
Thats what it says in my Manual.......

Oh, I'm not doubting you at all....all I'm saying is that the failure rate of cameras that work really well right out of the box, "seems" awfully high within two years. A two yr warranty is pretty "ballsy" on what would be considered a mid to lower end camera.

As side note, job security in Bushnell shipping/receiving just went through the roof! :mrgreen: :wink: :lol:
After looking at the manual. They want a check for $10 to "cover postage". That really limits their risk significantly. Their cost on the cameras probably isn't too much more than that and those tiny cameras without batteries installed can't cost more than a couple bucks to ship.

Thanks,

Jack
After looking at the manual. They want a check for $10 to "cover postage". That really limits their risk significantly. Their cost on the cameras probably isn't too much more than that and those tiny cameras without batteries installed can't cost more than a couple bucks to ship.

Thanks,

Jack

I know we've talked about this before. I don't necessarily have a problem paying the freight back to company for a warranty job, but having to pay THEIR shipping cost back to me stinks IMO!!!
I agree. HCO was the first to try it and it didn't seem to work. They got a lot of bad press over it and some vendors started "covering" it. They then changed their policy to exclude DOAs.

I'm guessing Bushnell is large enough to withstand any consumer pressure. I agree, the policy stinks from a consumer standpoint.

Thanks,

Jack
What does that mean DLC didn't want to have Chasing Game part of their business plan? I own a Covert II and I have given it many praises. It's a great camera. I haven't noticed the PIR angle or Power drain?

But, I have no skin in this game and I am a consumer. If Bushnell makes the same camera at a cheaper price with better modifications. I would buy it. Unfortunately, with DLC there is no brand loyalty. Hard to brand something that isn't made or owned by yourself. The Boly cameras are not owned cradle to grave by anyone, like Pepsi drinks, Kleenex, Band Aids..etc.

UP, what it measn is after seeing a very negative attitude towards DLC from the very beginning from CG, DLC decided it was best to just ignore CG. DLC has decided to take consumer feedback and apply it to improvements and future products. I've urged folks in the past and I'll do it again, if you have any problems, praises or suggestions, email them to info@dlccovert.com

DLC is a small growing company with alot of loyalty to it's customers. 1 year from now I think you will see a strong brand loyalty based on customer care, innovative high quality products and low prices. They have alot of potential and I have a feeling they are here for the long run.
Thats what it says in my Manual.......

Oh, I'm not doubting you at all....all I'm saying is that the failure rate of cameras that work really well right out of the box, "seems" awfully high within two years. A two yr warranty is pretty "ballsy" on what would be considered a mid to lower end camera.

As side note, job security in Bushnell shipping/receiving just went through the roof! :mrgreen: :wink: :lol:

Bushnell 11-9302 I purchase in 2007 came with the same 2 year warranty- $10.00 return fee!

This is nothing new from Bushnell.
What does that mean DLC didn't want to have Chasing Game part of their business plan? I own a Covert II and I have given it many praises. It's a great camera. I haven't noticed the PIR angle or Power drain?

But, I have no skin in this game and I am a consumer. If Bushnell makes the same camera at a cheaper price with better modifications. I would buy it. Unfortunately, with DLC there is no brand loyalty. Hard to brand something that isn't made or owned by yourself. The Boly cameras are not owned cradle to grave by anyone, like Pepsi drinks, Kleenex, Band Aids..etc.

UP, what it measn is after seeing a very negative attitude towards DLC from the very beginning from CG, DLC decided it was best to just ignore CG. DLC has decided to take consumer feedback and apply it to improvements and future products. I've urged folks in the past and I'll do it again, if you have any problems, praises or suggestions, email them to info@dlccovert.com

DLC is a small growing company with alot of loyalty to it's customers. 1 year from now I think you will see a strong brand loyalty based on customer care, innovative high quality products and low prices. They have alot of potential and I have a feeling they are here for the long run.

We have tried to use that address many times but it seems that there is only a few words that manage to make it down through the middle. The rest of the data seems to get lost in the enormous dead zone that is left and right of center in that address. Please continue to disregard the findings of Chasingame, please continue to not except our suggestions, please except our apologies for what you consider our negative attitude directed at DLC. Please do not except the customer feedback from your customers that was channeled through Chasingame. Please continue to urge your customers to only channel their problems, praises, and suggestions to DLC because a problem unknown to a potential customer is deemed as not being a problem. Suggestions and praises as that was vented by UP POWERS on Chasingame got read and yet somehow with your hard core attempt to ignore things on Chasingame you still managed to force yourself to give an attempt at an answer. Being what appears to be the designated spokes person for DLC you have managed to keep things on a constant slide down hill. We are now forced to look forward to more of your ignoring and non attention to the topics discussed here on Chasingame.

Skin_dog1 and CovertCams,

Previously we allowed you back onto our public forum (unbanned). We made this decision so you could speak about your products and inform the public. Your limited ability to handle yourselves in a business like manner based on your public posts (and private) is forcing the question:

Do you want to be banned ?

Please reply here with your wishes.

Yes. All mule deer. Cellular service is very spo[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

We designed the Ridgetec Lookout with a special fi[…]

Trail Cam repair question

thats great!

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/2021-winter-pre[…]