General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
They have the same power as did HCO to make changes within a very short time, which is something that DLC Covert has never been able to do.

I sure would like to hear more about this theory. Why do you assume DLC doesn't have this same power? Where did that info come from? Since DLC has chose not to include CG in their business plan, where do you guys get your specific information? I would assume it's their competitors. Just how reliable do you think that information is? You've made alot of assumptions and accusations about DLC and their cameras during this review and others. Did you guys by chance test the flash range and detection range of the covert II? Where are the tests of the pir angle of the trophy cam?

The way I see it, DLC stepped in, helped develop the SG550 making several improvements in the Covert II. They added leds to get better flash coverage and more range. The also added much needed improvements to the case. They are now busy at work developing a new camera in another factory. Bushnell took advantage of the improvements to the covert II and helped develop this camera to their specs. How do you figure they have more power within the factory than DLC? Is this based on the fact that DLC has chose to not change the PIR sensing angle? There have yet to be any customer complaints, only praises. The only ones that have made any noise about it at all have been you and bill. Customers aren't complaining about the camera, but quite the contrary, they love it.
They have the same power as did HCO to make changes within a very short time, which is something that DLC Covert has never been able to do.

I sure would like to hear more about this theory. Why do you assume DLC doesn't have this same power? Where did that info come from? Since DLC has chose not to include CG in their business plan, where do you guys get your specific information? I would assume it's their competitors. Just how reliable do you think that information is? You've made alot of assumptions and accusations about DLC and their cameras during this review and others. Did you guys by chance test the flash range and detection range of the covert II? Where are the tests of the pir angle of the trophy cam?

The way I see it, DLC stepped in, helped develop the SG550 making several improvements in the Covert II. They added leds to get better flash coverage and more range. The also added much needed improvements to the case. They are now busy at work developing a new camera in another factory. Bushnell took advantage of the improvements to the covert II and helped develop this camera to their specs. How do you figure they have more power within the factory than DLC? Is this based on the fact that DLC has chose to not change the PIR sensing angle? There have yet to be any customer complaints, only praises. The only ones that have made any noise about it at all have been you and bill. Customers aren't complaining about the camera, but quite the contrary, they love it.

My only question would be: When is the last time someone from DLC/Covert visited the manufacturer in China?

I ask because I believe that's Anthony's point.

We can and will only say that our sources are in China, and they are very good (fast) and have proved to be very reliable. Please go ahead and continue your business as normal, the analysis of the 08 Covert is over and we are now looking at the new 09 cameras.

We are happy that you have another provider in China and from our conversations with our contact person, we already have a good insight as to what it is going to be and we are looking forward to our advanced samples. The procedures on the 09 Trophy cam may or may not include some of the tests you spoke of and will only be published if we deem them as being an issue. Whether or not anyone makes a change to your last years camera model is definitely not of any importance anymore because everyone now is looking at the new products that are now coming to the market.
My only question would be: When is the last time someone from DLC/Covert visited the manufacturer in China?

I ask because I believe that's Anthony's point

What makes you think DLC Doesn't have a representative in china full time? And when was the last time someone from CG was in china?
The procedures on the 09 Trophy cam may or may not include some of the tests you spoke of and will only be published if we deem them as being an issue.

Alot of interesting comments. Thanks for the info.
By Roscoe

I ask because I believe that's Anthony's point

What makes you think DLC Doesn't have a representative in china full time? And when was the last time someone from CG was in china?

As I look at the quote, I can't see where I said anything about DLC not having a "rep" over there?????

Also, why would CG have someone go to china? Last I checked we don't have a product we are selling being manufactured in china. Your question really does not make sense to me???

The question I asked was pretty simple and straight forward: When was the last time? :wink:
Last week, I was standing half way up the stairs and my wife was in the kitchen downstairs. She yell to me: "Pick up your dirty socks and put them in the laundry basket!"

My response of course was: "What makes you think I didn't put my socks in the laundry basket? And when was the last time YOU put your dirty socks in the laundry basket?"

I then ran the rest of the way upstairs, picked up my socks off the floor and put them in the laundry basket then took her socks out and put them on the floor.

I think she is starting to catch on that when I deflect her direct questions with other questions that I'm up to something :mrgreen:
Since DLC has chose not to include CG in their business plan, where do you guys get your specific information?

I don't do the best on the quotes...sorry..

What does that mean DLC didn't want to have Chasing Game part of their business plan? I own a Covert II and I have given it many praises. It's a great camera. I haven't noticed the PIR angle or Power drain?

But, I have no skin in this game and I am a consumer. If Bushnell makes the same camera at a cheaper price with better modifications. I would buy it. Unfortunately, with DLC there is no brand loyalty. Hard to brand something that isn't made or owned by yourself. The Boly cameras are not owned cradle to grave by anyone, like Pepsi drinks, Kleenex, Band Aids..etc.
By code1
The way I see this HCO brought the mini cams to the market first with the 550, DLC found a legal way to sell the same 550 model here and came out with their own model later on about the same cam with a few differences. Now bushnell jumped them and has their name on almost the same camera as the Covert. If its legal I guess all's fair and love and war. The company with the best marketing and service after sell will still be around when the others are gone. With that said when is one of the three companies above going to enter the "TRUE" no red invisable IR flash market with one of these mini cams now that would be great of a security cam. Sign me up for a half dozen of those when they come out!

https://youtu.be/V2Fwz7XAfzI

We have to build a free internet, a new data cente[…]

This takes talent

red.jpg

From the President

https://youtu.be/j3mBeZqLuYE?t=58