General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
Bushnell has taken steps to correct the dead zone which is caused by the PIR sensing cone being wider than the photo field of view. Below is our write up on this improvement:

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=85#pirfix
From what I understand unless its one of the original 150 with the foam, it does have this fix yes. all production models should have the "final" fix.
Anthony,

I was wondering if you guys could help me. I just bought my new trophy cam last night from bass pro. I opened up the front to check and see if my camera had the improvement. After looking at your pictures, I could swear mine looks like one of the pre-production models. Is this possible? If so, how many cameras did they release out there like this? Anyways, I tested the camera but really could'nt find any dead zones per say. If anything, it picked up my movement to quick and took a picture when I was on the edge of the FOV. If I do have one of these models, do I fix it with the foam? How do I know if I'm covering too much of the PIR? Sorry for long question. Thanks for the help
Bill and I discussed this and we feel that even the original cameras function in an acceptable manner. THere is only a small dead zone (1.5 feet each side) which they are correcting with the insert. I would just use the camera and not worry about it. We have two of the original versions and we like them. The only negative is that you may get some triggers from the periphery that may not have an animal in them, otherwise the camera functions identical to the "fixed" one.
Anthony,

I was wondering if you guys could help me. I just bought my new trophy cam last night from bass pro. I opened up the front to check and see if my camera had the improvement. After looking at your pictures, I could swear mine looks like one of the pre-production models. Is this possible? If so, how many cameras did they release out there like this? Anyways, I tested the camera but really could'nt find any dead zones per say. If anything, it picked up my movement to quick and took a picture when I was on the edge of the FOV. If I do have one of these models, do I fix it with the foam? How do I know if I'm covering too much of the PIR? Sorry for long question. Thanks for the help

Here is an official statement from Bushnell:

If a consumer opens the case on the unit, they are voiding the warranty. That is stated in the instructions. If a consumer notices poor performance or images where the subject is not in the image, that they contact our customer service department and set up a return if they are not satisfied.

They also stated that none of the pre-release cameras shipped to consumers.
Hi this is my first time replying. Regarding the PIR sensor, I purchased 3 of these cameras from Amazon( $189 free ship and no tax). but they arrived with the foam fix up. I am sending them back, My question is Do you guys think Cabelas has the real deal, with the proper fix. I know here in Connecticut, the Cabelas just got them in. Thanks
I bought mine from bass pro and it didn't have the fix....don't care what bushnell says because more of these were released than they are saying. Still an awesome camera for the money spent. My next one wil be a reconyx though.

As far as the color viewer is concerned, I can't comment. Personally, I saved my money and just check mine on a cheap digital cam I carry with me.
Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Trail Cam repair question

Greetings all. I'm new to forum and trail cam owne[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8