General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
I have not been able to hear anything on any of these WGI cameras.

Listen close when it shifts from day to the first IR shot. Mine makes a noise I can hear easy at 10+ yards. Then the rest are quiet again.
Well it has been only a week, I think I have figured out how to aim to get better ir light, it was still a little low but a lot better. I had 100 pictures and battery strenght showed full. sensor range is exelent, good daytime pictures. the first is last sunday while showing a new member the place. I stepped it off at twenty three yards.I did lighten the picture a little, notice the lighter area closer to the cam, that should be higher which would have the deer show up more.

I don't know about how the cam will handle the cold but its a good little cheap cam. Pictures are a lot better than my Stealth I230ir for half the money.

OK Dan.............that food plot looks way too good ! Is that clay peas or beans? My spring\summer plots are all burned up in the Spillway? when did you plant?

brickman
Maybe I am just lucky, but I have one of the original Remington Ghost cameras. After installing the firmware update it has run flawlessly for one year. I average over 800 IR videos per week. I just ordered two of the WGI IR4 cameras and am a bit confused. I see IR videos on your review, but when I downloaded the owners manual (PDF), if says "when movie mode is selected, please note that movie mode only works during the day time". This is on page 9 step 4. Since I only use movie mode I hope this is a typo. I find the videos much more interesting and allows me to see which trail the deer are coming in on. The owners manual I found on line is here: http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/images/Wildgame/ir4manual.pdf

Regards

Dave
If you are referring to the IR4 manual (I did not read that part) but it does operate in video at night and that is for sure a copy/paste issue from the S4 manual would be my guess.
Maybe I am just lucky, but I have one of the original Remington Ghost cameras. After installing the firmware update it has run flawlessly for one year. I average over 800 IR videos per week. I just ordered two of the WGI IR4 cameras and am a bit confused. I see IR videos on your review, but when I downloaded the owners manual (PDF), if says "when movie mode is selected, please note that movie mode only works during the day time". This is on page 9 step 4. Since I only use movie mode I hope this is a typo. I find the videos much more interesting and allows me to see which trail the deer are coming in on. The owners manual I found on line is here: http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/images/Wildgame/ir4manual.pdf

Regards

Dave

I video on mine really has a "zoom"... It only covers a small area... Here is a video and picture taken from My WGI 4ir from the same camera angle.
Picture 1st..
and now the video..
I just noticed something... :oops: :oops: The WGI 4IR has a zoom effect on the pictures it takes also... Look at these two pictures, one from the WGI 4IR and one from the Wildgame 5IR... Both are mounted on the same 4x4 post so they are the same distance from the deer...

It looks like the Wildview has a wide angle camera lens?????????? :? :?
It's noticeable, but much worse in the video mode. I think I could live with the pictures like that, but it sure don't give you much of a view in the video mode. I guess you could get lucky and have a nice close up video of the big buck you've been after, or you could just get a look at his backside. :mrgreen:
I just hope my new WGI's will perform as well as my much aligned Remington Ghost. Since they were less than $73 each, I can put up with the zoom issue, or just leave them for still photos and keep the old "ghost" pumping out the videos.
Here are two videos in the last two weeks, of the over 1600 recorded from my old ghost, (day and night). Is the consensus that the WGI's will perform at least this well. I really like the idea of 30 sec videos, vice the 15 sec fixed that the ghost takes.

Thanks for all you help and advice.

Dave

http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt35/DaveE111/?action=view&current=DayVideo.flv

http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/tt35/DaveE111/?action=view&current=NightVideo.flv
As long as ya get the critter within the smaller "frame" or area I think the video will be just fine... At least mine were... One thing I found with my WGI 4IR is it is very sensitive... It will pick up everything from birds to traffic on a road over 80 yards away.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Once I finally got mine aimed low enough it quite "trackin' traffic"... :mrgreen: It also take decent day and night pictures... I've got several posted in the "pictures and movie section " of this forum...
Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8

It truly is, how many places can you call for supp[…]

Not at this time.

Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]