General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
By trailhunter
Anyone have official word on when the new cameras are going to ship? I've seen the 15th still listed on some websites, but no cams yet.
By xkmorris
Uway NightTrakker NT50 Trail Camera - NEW
(High Res Video!)
[NT50] $319.00

Click to enlarge
This is a Pre-order only! Expected arrival date 10-30. Uway NightTrakker NT50 Trail Camera with Remote!

Features:
5.0 Megapixels picture quality, upgradable to 8M or higher!
Very compact (6.1 x 3.4 x 2.7 inches)
Fast trigger time( 1-1.3s)
40 infrared LED night-time illumination, up to 60 feet, adjustable illumination for power saving
Video resolution: 640 x 480 and 320x 240 AVI
Video length: 10-60s, adjustable Up to 10 photos per trigger
Color daytime pictures and black & white night time pictures
Date, Time, Temperature and Moon Phases stamps on image
Low power consumption, standby battery lifetime > 6 months
External memory : SD/SDHC card up to 16GB
Sound recording
USB Port
Adjustable detection sensitivity (5 to 45 ft)
6V-volt and solar panel auxiliary power jack
4 x 1.5 volt C batteries (not included)
Can be powered by rechargeable C batteries
Low battery indicator
Mount by mounting strap or python lock
4-digit password protection

Kit includes:
Mounting strap
USB and remote cables
Remote
Remote battery recharger
Earphones for the remote

Remote Features:
2.7 inches true color TFT display
9 buttons control, very convenient and easy to use
Preview function let you review the camera mounting position for best angle
Playback pictures and videos (sound through earphone), picture zoom-in and zoom-out
Built-in rechargeable 1500 mAh Li-ion battery (during preview, playback, the remote won't use the power from the camera battery)
User-friendly interface similar to Canon, Nikon cameras

Optional accessories:
Additional metal bracket Car recharger for the remote

1 year manufacturer limited warranty

Available Options:
Memory:

This product will be in stock on Friday 20 November, 2009.
By johnnydeerhunter
I thought this was to be a comparable to the Reconyx with the all black IR??

I think the first will be a red blob ir then the black flash is supposed to be next.

Dang your avatar steve, makes me have to read the posts two or three times. :mrgreen:
By j-bo
and most importantly black flash...

That was on the 1st page, I'd assume it will be black flash for this model, NT50 supposing this is the NT50B model specs or is it the NT50IR specs? (with the price at $319 it better be) and the other model will be regular IR?

So.. Nov. 20th has passed, next date? :wink:
By trailhunter
Anybody have a new update or news? Its getting pretty late in the season to pick up new cams and I'm guessing the kinks haven't been worked out of the uway with all of the delays.
By mapman
Anybody have a new update or news? Its getting pretty late in the season to pick up new cams and I'm guessing the kinks haven't been worked out of the uway with all of the delays.

"ETA Sometime in 2010" LOL, Sweet! http://www.trailcampro.com/hcouwaynight ... t50ir.aspx

I understand they may have battery life issues...not sure though...

Dang your avatar steve, makes me have to read the posts two or three times. :mrgreen:

You ain't kiddin', I was thinking the exact same thing, a small "clippit of such" hasn't gotten my attention that bad in a long time... I read the post 3 times and still didn't comprehend it...LOL
By Hunt-n-Fish-VT
I believe you will find these available starting at $279.95 with the basic camera components: (mounting strap, USB and remote cables, remote, remote battery recharger, earphone for the remote) When available, I'll be selling them at this price with a free bonus 2gb SD card.

~ Hunt-n-Fish-VT
By Moose
Does anyone have a clue as to when this new camera will be available? Seems to be kind of dragging out for some reason.
By bobcat
Does anyone have a clue as to when this new camera will be available? Seems to be kind of dragging out for some reason.

I don't have a clue but apparently there is no rush which should mean fewer bugs. ... :D
By yoderj@cox.net
I think most guys will accept a month or two as a reasonable delay cause by unforeseeable issues. When you start to see real long delays, you begin to think the original announcement was defensive marketing. I've seen a number of companies seeing competitors bringing a new camera to market "Announce" there "soon to be available" camera that one-ups the competition knowing full well it is 6+ months away just to keep consumers holding on to their cash until their camera is on the market. Often times they will then rush the camera to market when folks become impatient selling a "beta" version as a product.

I think the best policy a company can adopt is to hold announcement until they have a reasonable expectation they will be able to deliver within a few month. I realize small companies do need some buzz time to manage cash flow.

Remember the many months of hype ("To all other's you can RUN but you CAN'T HIDE. The same old junk just doesn't cut it any more") followed by a thud? How about months of "high resolution" with no resolution specification only to find out it is 640x480 two steps behind state of the art at the time.

I sure didn't get that kind of taste here with UWAY. They announced 4 products a couple months ago and have at least one of them on the market now. The availability date has only slipped by 1 month. All the specs are out and I haven't seen any detailed questions avoided.

As many of you guys know, I'm not typically an early adopter, at least not in this industry. If you are an early adopter, a little more patients may be prudent in this case.

Thanks,

Jack
Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Trail Cam repair question

Greetings all. I'm new to forum and trail cam owne[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8