General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
The last I heard is that they would have the NT50 with the red blob available to see at the ATA show. So we are looking into the beginning of Jan for the first batch. Not sure of the size of shipment but we will see. I may be off by a little bit, but thats the best ETA I see :mrgreen:
The NT50 IR would be 279.95 and the NT50B w/black flash would come out sometime after the NT50 IR at a price tag of about 329.95 based on the $50 difference. It may change but thats about where they are at...................

Joe
BBO
By Badger35
Hello Joe,

as my SG550 was stolen, I'm waiting for this model with Blackflash and sound.

If I decide to order one, I will order it to you, of course.

Phil
By yoderj@cox.net
Personally, I'm not sure what my expectation is. There is no shortage of cameras on the market with a lot of capability for around $200. The problem is that there are a lot of Quality Control issues with this class of camera. You can buy a BuckeyeCam or Reconyx if you want a well built camera with very low failure rates, but you'll pay $450-$650.

I think HCO learned a lot from their experience with Boly Media and the ScoutGuard. I think the realize that there were two big issues, Boly just can't or won't deal with the QC issues, and Boly would sell the cameras to anyone with money making it hard to make a profit and fund R&D.

So, my hope is that when HCO cut their deal with this manufacturer, they paid attention to QC. I'm hoping for a camera in the market between the $200 cameras and the $450+ cameras that has failure rates much closer to the BEC and Reconyx.

Will it happen? I'd say we'll know about 9 months to 1 year after introduction. There are a lot of early adopters out there on these forums ready to pull the trigger when they are released, especially the black flash version. We will see the failure reports (or lack of them) over the following months.

Thanks,

Jack
By BSK
I know that everyone is waiting, but is the expectation that this camera will be better ($70 better) than the SG?

I'm primarily interested in the black-flash unit, for obvious cost reasons (half the cost of the other black-flash units available). But I've been very lucky with my ScoutGuard. It's made it through two seasons without a flaw. The only complaint I have with it is the image quality (a bit fuzzy, probably due to very cheap lens quality). But battery life, operation, and reliability--flawless so far. If the Uway black-flash unit is a perfect copy of the ScoutGuard in black-flash, I would be thrilled.
By Adirondack Dave
I know that everyone is waiting, but is the expectation that this camera will be better ($70 better) than the SG?

I'm primarily interested in the black-flash unit, for obvious cost reasons (half the cost of the other black-flash units available). But I've been very lucky with my ScoutGuard. It's made it through two seasons without a flaw. The only complaint I have with it is the image quality (a bit fuzzy, probably due to very cheap lens quality). But battery life, operation, and reliability--flawless so far. If the Uway black-flash unit is a perfect copy of the ScoutGuard in black-flash, I would be thrilled.

I'll second that BSK (I have four of them and not a single prolbem to this point)nock on wood..I'll be looking for the black flash also and I'm not about to prepay for something thats not even on the market yet :wink:
Last edited by Adirondack Dave on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BSK
A cheaper, functioning black-flash unit, plus a black-flash flash extender, and I'll be good to go!

Honestly, if the Uway black-flash pans out, I'll probably buy half a dozen or more and 1 black-flash flash extender per 2 cameras. I wouldn't need the flash extender for all situations (not needed at baited or scrape set-ups), but being able to use them over large openings (food plots) would be a help.
By cougarmagic
I'm interested the sound recording. If it's a SG550 with sound, I'm happy! Probably won't get anything really interesting, sound-wise, but I think it makes the videos so much more 'real'. I'm an early adopter, so I'll be putting mine through its paces and reporting on it as soon as I get it!
By MCDillinois
Personally, I'm not sure what my expectation is. There is no shortage of cameras on the market with a lot of capability for around $200. The problem is that there are a lot of Quality Control issues with this class of camera. You can buy a BuckeyeCam or Reconyx if you want a well built camera with very low failure rates, but you'll pay $450-$650.

I think HCO learned a lot from their experience with Boly Media and the ScoutGuard. I think the realize that there were two big issues, Boly just can't or won't deal with the QC issues, and Boly would sell the cameras to anyone with money making it hard to make a profit and fund R&D.

So, my hope is that when HCO cut their deal with this manufacturer, they paid attention to QC. I'm hoping for a camera in the market between the $200 cameras and the $450+ cameras that has failure rates much closer to the BEC and Reconyx.

Will it happen? I'd say we'll know about 9 months to 1 year after introduction. There are a lot of early adopters out there on these forums ready to pull the trigger when they are released, especially the black flash version. We will see the failure reports (or lack of them) over the following months.

Thanks,

Jack

Jack. I too hope the Uway cameras stack up. But I think Reconyx is gonna answer the call with an all new line of micro cameras that will fall in the range you are talking about. I plan on being at the ATA show soon and they are unveiling the new line there. Brett tells me they are pretty amazing! We'll see.
By BSK
Jack. I too hope the Uway cameras stack up. But I think Reconyx is gonna answer the call with an all new line of micro cameras that will fall in the range you are talking about. I plan on being at the ATA show soon and they are unveiling the new line there. Brett tells me they are pretty amazing! We'll see.

Gee thanks MCDillinois. Now I'm holding my breath about another camera!

Actually, that's a wonderful thing. I'm a huge fan of Reconyx and I would love to see them jump into the mid-price-range market. Competition is a wonderful thing! It might force the others in that price-range to address QC issues as well as camera features.

Have you heard if these new Reconyx units will include a black-flash version?
Nice Late Season Buck

we had about 10" last month, snow showers sin[…]

Trail Cam repair question

Greetings all. I'm new to forum and trail cam owne[…]

Thanks for the compliment. There is a bug inside […]

Unity???

https://youtu.be/pAJ4m5kMQi8