General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
Anthony,

On line you can see scandisc has regular, ultra 2 and ultra 3 - 2 gig cards.

When they say good quality cards, are they impling the ultra models?

HOC

By "good quality", I think they mean "one that works in their camera". If it doesn't work in their camera, it must not be "good quality".

I don't know if the electronics used to access the cards don't meet spec, if some SD cards don't met spec, of if the SD card specs are just that loose, but camera/card compatibility is becoming a major issue.

I think every manufacturer should test their cameras and "certify" a half dozen or so SD card lines with their camera and provide that list in both the manual and specification list. Beyond that they could simply say "our camera is likely to work with many other SD cards but we can not guarantee correct performance."

Some manufacturers do this but most don't.

Thanks,

Jack
Thanks Anthony. I had read that information to see if it addressed my issue but it did not. I am returning it.

What seems to be happening with this cam is that the horizontal black lines (i.e. missing LCD pixels) show up after the cam has been on for a while and I slide the cam back to setup (after going to 'off' first).

I think it's best just to replace it for another one.

All good input, thanks.
I have a trophy cam and all images of deer I got are sharp, but too dark, even in the middle of the day, and sunny spot. Also LCD image viewer got frozen overnight in -7°C, but later on worked just fine, when temperature had risen. But dark images suck...
I have a trophy cam and all images of deer I got are sharp, but too dark, even in the middle of the day, and sunny spot. Also LCD image viewer got frozen overnight in -7°C, but later on worked just fine, when temperature had risen. But dark images suck...

All my camera LCD's work real slow and are very faint. This is due to the low temps. LC stands for liquid crystal display. The liquid slows down this time of year. Try looking at it from all angles and be patient, they seem to show up eventually- this may help.

I would Send it back for exchange due to the dark picture issue
I only have one. Got it last spring from Cabelas, put in 8 cheap interstate batteries and a regular sandisk card. Its been in the woods since I got it, up until last month and the batteries are still going strong and have taken hundreds of pics w/out any visible problems at all.

I love mine.
Kitty and the Snake

That’s a brave cat. And interesting behavior[…]

Now it's safe!

https://youtu.be/bfa2MiDhbk0

Redtail hawk

Cool.

David Clements Speaks out

Watch before it is censored from Youtube... https[…]