General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
This camera is on the way and will be reviewed as soon as we can.
&_requestid=42024[/url]
Last edited by Anthony on Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Bond
You won't be dissapointed with this one.

Have you finished the one you're building yet? It will be the same thing if you're using a p41 and will give you a good model to build from.
By Anthony
Ok, we have completed the review on the Penn's Woods 3.2 MP DS04 camera. The Camera Review pages has been updated with our findings. Overall this is a nice camera but a bit pricey.

Check out the Scouting Camera Reviews on
http://www.chasingame.com/camerareviews.htm
By Roscoe
Anthony,
do they not change their model # from year to year? If you go on their website, the DS04 they are selling is the 4mp P41. I assume the P32 DS04 you guys have is last yrs model.
I am pretty much gonna build that same camera in the next couple of weeks with the P32 I have....only memory & all, it will proabably be around $200 tops.

Bond,
I have been reading pretty consistently that the P32's trigger time is 1.5-2.0. What is your take on the 2.5-3.0 secs in their testing?

Also on the noise, the only thing I hear when my camera starts is the lense cover opening...I wonder what ya'll were hearing anthony?

Isnt there a way/hack to disable the lense cover?
By Bond
I'm not sure about the trigger time. After a lot of people building their own, people have complained about "slow p32s" That COULD be it. Mine have always been 1.5 to 2 seconds but I've never used a pix board. Maybe the SSS board is a little faster? because in the setup of the SSS it asks for the cameras trigger time and it works best at 1.5 seconds. Some people with a "slow p32" have to put that setting up to 2 seconds or higher. I believe the 1.5 to 2 seconds is just the camera wake up to shutter time. There might be some kind of delay in the board. I wouldn't think that would be more than a 1/2 second though?

Yeah the first couple cams I made, I didn't disable the shutter, and I noticed animals looking at the camera in one pic, and then just a tail in the second pic. So now I started disabling the shutter cover and there's no noice.

Anthony, I see on the clock the shutter time was just over 2 seconds, but you wrote 3 - 4 seconds. Mistake? or can't I read?
Also, what kind of setup do you have for measuring shutter speed? Is it just you on a stop watch or do you actually hook it up to the cam?
By Anthony
Anthony, I see on the clock the shutter time was just over 2 seconds, but you wrote 3 - 4 seconds. Mistake? or can't I read?
Also, what kind of setup do you have for measuring shutter speed? Is it just you on a stop watch or do you actually hook it up to the cam?

Yes ! You can read well... that is a typo. I will fix that right now.

I appreciate your proof reading!

Yes. All mule deer. Cellular service is very spo[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

We designed the Ridgetec Lookout with a special fi[…]

Trail Cam repair question

thats great!

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/2021-winter-pre[…]