General Announcements about the website, Trail Camera Reviews in progress, New cameras coming out, New Photo contests, etc
Its nice to see you back in the saddle again. In reading over the review on this camera, I noticed you are using Rayovac batteries. In case you don't follow all threads, I need to give you a heads up. My cameras (batteries) were dying off faster than normal so I began checking voltage as I took out the old batteries. In all cases, on all cameras, about 1/2 or 2/3 of the batteries were completely dead. While the remaining batteries were still in the 1.46 ish volt range. My new strike force camera included.
I buy these in bulk from Batteries Plus. But I will keep an eye out on them. I can check everyone prior to insertion.

I always check voltage before installing. This is the first time I checked voltage after taking the batteries out. And found this issue of half of the batteries were dead while the other half were still good. Why some died prematurely showed a lack of QC on Rayovacs part, at least for that lot number. I had two 60 packs and both packs had issues.
I have several Rayovac AA's left but use the in other devices than my cameras.. I've switched to Energizer that I get in bulk from the Battery Barn to use in my cameras...

I just went to their website and they no longer have free shipping so I'm now in search of a new place to buy batteries.. :cry: :cry:

Yes. All mule deer. Cellular service is very spo[…]

Nice Late Season Buck

We designed the Ridgetec Lookout with a special fi[…]

Trail Cam repair question

thats great!

https://www.trailcampro.com/pages/2021-winter-pre[…]