Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all HCO and Spartan cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By urbanhunter
I have two SG550's and recently have been having some issues with them. When I plug in the programming remote and switch the camera to "on", the cam makes 3 or 4 quick beeps while displaying the normal screen, then the screen goes to blank blue. I thought maybe the batteries were low, but I've replaced them in both cams twice. Since I can't change any of the settings, I just turned the camera on and set it into the woods to see if they still take pics. One would take pictures and the other wont.

I only have one programming remote(lost the other one). Could this issue be with the programmer or the camera?
By slay
I have had that occasionally with 3 of my SG550's. Not sure why. Sometimes swapping remotes worked. Other times it did not. They all eventually worked again. But I have one now that stays blue all the time with a bunch of garbled text all over the screen. I cannot program it at all. It is stuck on 12 second videos with a time and date stamp in the year 1970.

I just dont know. Bad components wearing out I reckon.
By C.A.M.O.
I have two SG550's and recently have been having some issues with them. When I plug in the programming remote and switch the camera to "on", the cam makes 3 or 4 quick beeps while displaying the normal screen, then the screen goes to blank blue. I thought maybe the batteries were low, but I've replaced them in both cams twice. Since I can't change any of the settings, I just turned the camera on and set it into the woods to see if they still take pics. One would take pictures and the other wont.

I only have one programming remote(lost the other one). Could this issue be with the programmer or the camera?

If the remote is working fine with the second camera than try a couple of things here, make sure the SD Card is fully seated, ( make sure the lock switch is up, unlocked, and or replace it with another one, (maybe bad).
Remove all the battery's again let the camera sit a minute, reinstall the battery's, take the Remote plug and make sure that it too is seated firmly, ( wiggle it around gently when the camera is turn on, I'm thinking it maybe a USB Port socket issue.
Let us know if this helps.

Rick! :D
By urbanhunter
Well....I left the batteries out of my one cam here at home for the weekend, just reinstalled them and now the remote seems to be working and I could program the camera. The other one is still in the woods so I'm not sure if it'll work or not.

I am kinda thinking it could be the remote not working properly. I guess I'll find out after I pull all of my trail cameras here in a week or so and play around with them.
By urbanhunter
Excellent. Glad you got one up and running again. Is that buck in your avatar an "urban" deer?
He's a keeper!

Yep! That was from the '09 season....never seen him, but got him on cam twice. Unfortunately I never got any pictures or sightings of him in the '10 season.
By urbanhunter
Well....I pulled the other cam from the woods last week. Kinda ticked cause it sat all week looking at a pile of corn and didn't take a single picture. Corn was gone when I checked it too.

I found my "lost" programmer remote between my seat and console in my truck and plugged it in to both cams and was able to program. I think my other remote may not be making a good connection to the cams and could be the root of my problems.

I put fresh batteries in both cams, formatted the sd cards and re-deployed both cams again. I'll check in a week to see if they're both taking pictures like they should and update here.
By Bluesman
You should do some test runs on the cams before putting them out to make sure they are taking pics.Losing a week is pretty hard to swallow as it is so I would at least want to know the camera was working before losing another. :mrgreen:
Another yote

Nothing prettier than a dead or soon to be dead yo[…]

The fake foliage would be really good in a suitabl[…]

New White Flash camera

I got the Cuddeback 1279 c1! It seems excellent […]

Its raining now and even though birds found the se[…]