Use this forum to post questions and issues for discussion related to all HCO and Spartan cameras. Note: Please post threads pertaining to cellular cams in the "Cellular Trail Camera Discussion" forum.
By Matches
This is my third season (and sadly my last :x ) running 3G Verizon cameras. The cameras have always worked well, but I've had intermittent issues with the premium app. Mostly not receiving photos to my phone in a timely manner.

I fired up my cameras the first week of August. Every single picture they have taken is still showing up on in the app on my phone (Motorola Droid Turbo 2). I have the auto purge set to 3 days. It doesn't seem to be working. This makes it very difficult to find a specific picture when I want to show it to someone.

In the past, if I didn't save a picture it was automatically removed after 3 days, and only the saved pictures (as well as new pics) would remain. How can I get it to work like that again?
By johnnydeerhunter
That phone is an older model I think. You may have to update it's operating system. What OS is it currently running?
By Matches
johnnydeerhunter wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 am That phone is an older model I think. You may have to update it's operating system. What OS is it currently running?

Yes, the phone is over 3 years old. Same phone I've used since I've had the Spartans. As far as the OS, I have no clue?
By johnnydeerhunter
What version is the app?

Look in settings on the phone, it might be under system or phone to find the operating system. I think 7.0 Nougat is the most current.
By Matches
Android Version is 7.0

App version is 2.6.9
By johnnydeerhunter
try logging out and back in to the app
By Matches
Tried logging out and back in. No change. All the pics are still there.
By johnnydeerhunter
How old are they? I know when I updated to the new app the pictures that I had saved in my old app uploaded and never purged
By Matches
All from within the past 3 weeks. None have been purged since I set them up.
By johnnydeerhunter
Make sure all permissions are granted to the app. What you can do is go into your phones gallery and find the folders that the pictures are stored in. There should be three for each camera, one for the pics, one for the videos and one for your saved photos. I would delete the folders for the pics and videos (not the saved images folder) Then all pics will be deleted from the app and you'll be starting fresh. They should purge at the correct time them after this. You can also go into the app and delete those photos manually.
Lookout issue

I will be back there next Saturday, thanks again. […]

Bucks in the creek

Thanks, it's the original DS4k.

Yuge on my phone but it worked. Very cool shot! Ed[…]

Fawn without its spots

Looks like they still have there round eard, i acc[…]